Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Chatter Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/chatter-quilts-t213463.html)

BettyGee 02-10-2013 08:53 AM

Chatter Quilts

A very close friend gave me boxes of the most wonderful little pieces of fabric, about 2 inches long and an inch wide with star points on each end. Hope that makes sense. She told me they were called "Chatter Quilts." I can't find anything about them. They would go together like a PSQ and I plan to do that, but I'd sure like to know more about them. Does anyone know about these wonderful quilts? I can't wait to get to working with them, but then if I live to be 150 I just might get to do all the wonderful things that quilting offers.
Thanks much,
Betty

carolstickelmaier 02-10-2013 09:07 AM

I don't know either but will be watching for an answer. Also don't know what PSQ stands for..Please enlighten me. Sounds interesting...Thinking of all those snips and strips I end up putting out for birds or throw away. Tx Carol

Tartan 02-10-2013 10:40 AM

I can't quite picture anything but a pointed Dresden Plate petals? PSQ means postage stamp quilt to me and that is usually squares?

BettyGee 02-10-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by carolstickelmaier (Post 5851678)
I don't know either but will be watching for an answer. Also don't know what PSQ stands for..Please enlighten me. Sounds interesting...Thinking of all those snips and strips I end up putting out for birds or throw away. Tx Carol

Sorry, PSQ is postage stamp quilt and is made with little squares from 1 inch up to 2.5 inches. They are a lot of fun so let the birds find another source of scraps.

BettyGee 02-10-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5851872)
I can't quite picture anything but a pointed Dresden Plate petals? PSQ means postage stamp quilt to me and that is usually squares?

I'm lousy at trying to describe things. This might help. Picture a rectangle 2" by 1" and then put a triangle on the top and the bottom. The friend who gave me the pieces says she has a pattern book somewhere in her treasures and that she will find it. I sure hope so, but I can always use them as in a PSQ if not. Thank you for your interest.

lfstamper 02-10-2013 01:56 PM

BettyGee - Please show us what these are when you get the book as I could not find anything about them either. Very curious. Sounds really nice.

DogHouseMom 02-10-2013 02:01 PM

Pictures of the pieces??

BettyGee 02-11-2013 08:58 AM

Duh, yes I guess a picture would sure help. Like the old saying, if my head wasn't attached I'd lose that too. I will do a picture and then you will see why I'm so tickled at having all of these wonderful little pieces of fabric.

oneteappot 02-18-2013 12:14 PM

Has there been any info found on these pieces? I am just curious.

Tartan 02-18-2013 12:35 PM

​Yes there was an update with a picture. I would post a link but I don't know how, sorry.