Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cleaning up my sewing/quilting room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cleaning-up-my-sewing-quilting-room-t48249.html)

Melody 06-03-2010 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
My sewing room is a total mess. Creative clutter is better then idle neatness!

You are right. It's so true. I've seen a lot of sewing rooms on QB that the owners say are a terrible mess, but the work they put out is amazing. I only hope that I can do as well in my newly organized room as all the others do in theirs... tidy or not.

dkabasketlady 06-03-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltmaniac

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
I figured out how to store my batting - space bags! I have a box that I got from a discount store a while back and it is just sitting doing nothing - now one or two bags will hold the non warm n natural type. Back when I bought the bags, I was thinking ok change out summer and winter clothes, so I got 2 boxes of 5 bags each different sizes.
In the process of moving books, and magazines now. They are residing in totes on the floor.

I used spacebags a few years ago to store batting but they didn't seem to hold their vacuum and expanded horribly after a few weeks! I may try some new ones, maybe they are better now. How old are yours?

I have some of my batting in space bags. My space bags were at least two yrs. old. and no problems yet! I get out what batting I need, suck out the air and they've stayed flat so far.

DebsShelties 06-03-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady

Originally Posted by Quiltmaniac

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
I figured out how to store my batting - space bags! I have a box that I got from a discount store a while back and it is just sitting doing nothing - now one or two bags will hold the non warm n natural type. Back when I bought the bags, I was thinking ok change out summer and winter clothes, so I got 2 boxes of 5 bags each different sizes.
In the process of moving books, and magazines now. They are residing in totes on the floor.

I used spacebags a few years ago to store batting but they didn't seem to hold their vacuum and expanded horribly after a few weeks! I may try some new ones, maybe they are better now. How old are yours?

I have some of my batting in space bags. My space bags were at least two yrs. old. and no problems yet! I get out what batting I need, suck out the air and they've stayed flat so far.

I figured it would be a nice way to store them, as well as get rid of the box that the space bags came in - more room elsewhere in my house.
The books are put away, I have more carpet showing now - been working on it. Done for the night now.

LadybugPam 06-03-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pineapple Princess
... I haven't seen my sewing machine in three weeks!

:shock: what??! <faint>

cwessel47 06-03-2010 06:52 PM

It's funny. I spent time today just organizing my thread! I picked up spools in three different rooms, then pulled out the thread drawers and put everything in order. I wonder how long that will last....NOT.

Melody 06-03-2010 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by LadybugPam

Originally Posted by Pineapple Princess
... I haven't seen my sewing machine in three weeks!

:shock: what??! <faint>

LOLOL I love this response! It just tickled my funny bone, I guess.

littlehud 06-04-2010 10:49 AM

You have been busy. Want to do my room next. :-D :-D

reach for the stars 2 06-04-2010 11:04 AM

My hubby is making a nice large room for me, but I still don't think I will ever be organized. Not in the genes.