Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cleaning up our sewing areas! Let's Start! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cleaning-up-our-sewing-areas-lets-start-t32793.html)

brushandthimble 02-12-2010 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After; One picture of fabric refolded and resorted. Somewhere in an earlier post is the before.
Of course it does not seem to stay like this for long:)

part of stash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2811[/ATTACH]

rainbowquilt 02-12-2010 05:02 PM

Well, everyone is making such great progress in the "spring cleaning" that i feel ashamed of mine. I will be able to start getting back to my quilting/craft room soon. We have had one of our daughters along with her husband and child living with us for a while and they will be moving next weekend! Maybe, then i can get my room back to some kind of balance!

im really looking forward to sharing before and after pics with you all in the very near future! whooo hooo!

i just love this board, thanks for all the info everyone shares with us!

shaverg 02-12-2010 06:09 PM

Sherri, Take you time, sounds like you have a really good excuse. We look forward to seeing photos, when you can get to it.

Originally Posted by rainbowquilt
Well, everyone is making such great progress in the "spring cleaning" that i feel ashamed of mine. I will be able to start getting back to my quilting/craft room soon. We have had one of our daughters along with her husband and child living with us for a while and they will be moving next weekend! Maybe, then i can get my room back to some kind of balance!

im really looking forward to sharing before and after pics with you all in the very near future! whooo hooo!

i just love this board, thanks for all the info everyone shares with us!

judyq 02-12-2010 06:22 PM

I'm doing the same thing. I'll organize for a while and then quilt. Too much time away from quilting isn't good for anyone!!! :o)

rainbowquilt 02-12-2010 08:03 PM

oh i know i have been hand quilting a cathedral window in my bedroom but dang that is soooo slow!

watterstide 02-13-2010 02:50 AM

I started this mess...i mean clean up..lol! and i got it all done, and started sewing..finished some projects, and then i was looking for some fabric and a pattern..and so, the place is a liitle mess again! yikees! So today or tomorrow, i will go back in there, and put the stuff away i took out!

LovingIzabella 02-13-2010 05:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Okay after four weeks this is what my sewing room looks like. I am going to move some of it to the basement when it is ready but for now I can move in there again and sew so it will have to work lol
Hugs
April
PS If anyone remembers the before pictures this is a drastic improvement lol

rainbowquilt 02-13-2010 07:14 AM

your room looks like my room but i have extra stuff in there also. it will be soon the cleaning rampage starts next weekend!

carolaug 09-01-2013 07:11 AM

This is what I am doing today...again...I again have way to much fabric and its overwelming...People give me there fabrics..which is nice...but after I have used them mutiple times in scrap quilts I get sick of looking at them. I am so proud of myself....I filled two boxes and a large trash bags....they are all going to good will. some yardage and many large pieces...yah...I had so many scraps that I keep saying and making scrappies....I want to make a quilt from fabric that I bought for some projects. So goodbye scraps...and hello to all the fabrics I have ignored. ; ) I also got rid of two of my scrap baskets and going to try and not have the other two overflow. Sewing room already looks better.