Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Closed now.. Envelope goes to azwendyg - Anyone need a special lift of encouragement today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/closed-now-envelope-goes-azwendyg-anyone-need-special-lift-encouragement-today-t82830.html)

aneternalpoet 12-14-2010 02:00 PM

It's been a bit of a rough couple weeks, and it's time to make myself cheered up.. I am going to send a small little padded envelope of some scraps *and/ or a pattern of some kind * that I don't think I will use.
So, to the second person to respond today asking, and that has not recieved anything from me before send me in a PM your address.
This always makes me smile knowing someone else is having a hard time.. I know that sounds terrible, lol, but it does make my hard days easier to bear knowing someone else joins me in the struggle sometimes.

So, if you've lost a family member, or dear friend, animal or not , within the last 2 months, and would like a little pick me up, hurry and reply, as it will go to person number 2 today..

quiltsRfun 12-14-2010 02:02 PM

I just lost six years of work on my computer last night. The hard drive crashed. This was the computer where I had all my photos and digital scrapbooking files, as well as lots of quilting files. It's my own fault - I kept putting of the back up. Right now the online backup services are sounding like a pretty good idea.

Not a death or anything that drastic but I still consider it a great loss. These were my memories.

azwendyg 12-14-2010 02:10 PM

I just lost my last uncle on my Mom's side of the family... lost Mom several years ago... I just heard last night and am having a kind of hard time with it today...

aneternalpoet 12-14-2010 02:14 PM

you are number 2 .. please PM your address, and such, and I will try to get this envelope sent out in the next few days , ok? Congrats, and yet, sorry for your loss.. I truly understand, as I lost my step dad, a little shy of two months ago.

quiltsRfun 12-14-2010 02:24 PM

Sorry for your loss, Wendy. Glad you came in #2. I posted first so the next one would get it since mine wasn't as big a loss.

aneternalpoet 12-14-2010 02:28 PM

Hey your loss is not a small loss, either.. I would shutter to think of my computer losing all the poems, and such I have on my hard drive.. Please dont think your loss is not a loss.. it is.. and it is worthy of scraps.. so, I will just put what I can in a small regular sized envelope, because your sadness ( frustration? ) speaks my language, too.. send me a PM of address, ect.. it wont be much, just scraps to fit in a letter sized envelope.. hope your computer can be fixed, or your mind remembers some of the stuff your brains of the computer once held.

quiltsRfun 12-14-2010 02:40 PM

Thanks, Karen. I sent you a PM. Take a lesson from my experience and be sure to back up your computer.