Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Colors and Prints of the seasons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/colors-prints-seasons-t174879.html)

stitchengramie 01-08-2012 08:25 AM

Colors and Prints of the seasons

Which colors and prints would you associate with each of the four seasons? Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter

crafty pat 01-08-2012 08:39 AM

For spring I love floral's, birds and garden fabrics in pastel's. Summer brighter yellow's, reds, greens and blue's. Autumn I love orange, gold, brown, tans, more shades of olive green's. Winter I go with dark colors of black, brown, rust. red's. and landscape fabrics with Winter and snow landscapes.

stitchengramie 01-08-2012 09:53 AM

The colors that remind me of Spring are light green, baby pink, baby yellow, light purples and pinks. Prints that remind me of Spring are flowers, birds, and butterflies. The colors bright yellow, yellow red, hot pink, strong blues, yellows and reds reminds me of Summer. Roses, sunflowers, and seagulls also remind me of Summer. When I think of Autumn it reminds me of the colors, creamy orange, different shades of browns and dark blues, reddish orange, golden brown and deep green. Leaves, insects, and fall flowers are prints that reminds me of Autumn. When I think of Winter, it reminds me of the colors of light blue, dark purple, dark blue, dark murky green colors, and black.

Lisa Marie 01-08-2012 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by stitchengramie (Post 4854409)
Which colors and prints would you associate with each of the four seasons? Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter

Spring, pastel colors (light blue, green, pink, yellow). Summer, yellow, blue, biege, and white. Autumn, orange,brown, green, red. Winter, red, green, white, blue.

imdelagarza62 01-08-2012 05:02 PM

I agree with Lisa Marie.

SWEETPEACHES 01-08-2012 05:09 PM

Spring = pink flowers, birds, light greens
Summer = blues, reds, more primary colors, water, beach balls
Fall - deep oranges, deep reds, deep greens, deep blues, fall leaves, scarecrows
Winter = whites, blue, purples, or red/green and Christmas prints.

Is kinda what you're looking for as an answer?

Treasureit 01-08-2012 05:16 PM

Look at picture of any given season and that gives me ideas...it depends where you live what seasons look like...here in CA - I don't see snow in the winter, but I see black, grey, dull greens and clear blue sky. I also see sandy beaches and blues and greys and....just let your imagination go.

Jackie Spencer 01-09-2012 07:23 AM

Spring... Pastels, flowers, baskets, birds
Summer....Brighter Primary colors, beach balls, roses, Straw Hats
Autumn....Oranges, golds, olive greens, purples....pumpkins, leaves, cornucopias, acorns
Winter.....Sparkling whites, true reds, bright blues and christmas greens....snowmen, wreaths, cardinals, pinetrees

joyce j 01-09-2012 07:28 AM

Most every one has same idea as to the colors for each season. And I agree with them joyce j