Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   colors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/colors-t218193.html)

mynani 04-04-2013 03:47 AM

colors

As I am looking at al the pictures of the quilts this morning I realize that the first thing that draws me to one are the colors in it. I just love the vibrant primary colors and the scrappy tops. Funny,my home and my clothing are mainly neutrals. After the color I then study the quilting. I am learning to like the heavily quilted tops but this has been slow in coming. What colors do you like and how do you quilt your tops?

judylg 04-04-2013 04:07 AM

Color for me, too and bright at times. I have found in quilting that the color red is something I like. Until I quilted I really did not like red. Some of the old quilts I have seen always have a bit of red in them and look good, still.

NanaCindyLou 04-04-2013 04:13 AM

I am pulled in by "old" traditional patterns & scrappy quilts with muted colors - antique quilts really. In the stores I go first to the batiks (in all colors). I am so new that I like almost everything.

Teeler 04-04-2013 04:34 AM

I am totally in love with THIS one: Bordered Diamonds by Kaffee Fassett

It isn't too far down my list, and I can't wait to get to it!

Barb_MO 04-04-2013 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Teeler (Post 5976647)

I love that also.

mynani 04-04-2013 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Teeler (Post 5976647)

omg that is absolutely beautiful.

quiltingnewbie 04-04-2013 05:56 AM

I am drawn to brights and springy pastels. Pinks, yellows, oranges, aquas, etc. I tend to like simple quilting, though I can appreciate the artistry in intricate patterns. I also seem to be drawn to patterns with lots of white space.

Luv Quilts and Cats 04-04-2013 06:23 AM

I love the colors of 20s and 30s fabrics. They seem so happy to me. So far things I have had quilted for me have been an all over stipple, which I love. I made a Yellow Brick Road quilt with fabric that has cats and dogs on it and is primary colors as backgrounds on the quilt. It is so cheerful, too. When I get it quilted I am going to see if the lady who does my longarming has a paw print pattern. Or maybe a mouse. Other colors I love are greens, blues, purples, yellows oranges. Batiks are another favorite.

Abby'smom 04-04-2013 06:33 AM

Color choice really makes a difference -- each member in our little quilting bee group is going to make an Irish Mist quilt top for our new project -- it will be interesting to see how different the quilts will look because of the different fabrics chosen -- basically there will be one light, one dark, and 4 medium tones for the quilt -- I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on each quilt!!:thumbup:

Dolphyngyrl 04-04-2013 07:55 AM

I like winter/fall colors more subdued, less vibrant.