Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Comin' and goin' (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/comin-goin-t178297.html)

Christine- 02-05-2012 07:17 PM

Comin' and goin'

2 Attachment(s)
Comin' and Goin'!
This is one of the tabletoppers I made this week, they went together fast! This is a pattern I came up with myself, after getting ideas from looking at quilting magazines. I call this pattern "Comin' and Goin'". The pinwheels look like they can go any direction!
Here's why I chose this design... My sister's house caught fire January 12th. She had the day off, and was home. She was sitting on the floor of her 2nd bedroom, filing tax paperwork she had piled on her lap and around the floor. Then “someone” told her to go get something to drink. She thought she was going crazy for a minute, and she didn’t want to move because she had just sorted things. So she decided to say back ‘I’m not thirsty, I don’t need anything to drink.” And the voice said, “Yes, you do.”

So she moved everything she had just sorted, went to the kitchen and saw puffs of smoke blowing past the kitchen window. She ran to wake up her son, grabbed her cat, and the tax papers. As she was headed outside, on the phone to 911, a man in a red truck pulled into the driveway. He yelled out the window “are you on the phone to 911?” She yelled back “yes!”. He nodded, pulled back out of the driveway and left. She still doesn’t know who it was. I said "Isn’t it cool God sent back-up just in case you decided you weren't going to get up? He's got you comin' and goin'!" And that's what I decided to name this design.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309354[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309350[/ATTACH]
As you can see, the firefigthers got there fast and had the fire out before too much damage was done. It was caused by shoddy work an electrician did in her attic a year ago. (He's in huge trouble with her insurance company now. grrrrr) She lost her roof and that's all. She'll be in a hotel for a month or so. I made 2 of these table toppers, one for my sister and another as gift for her friend. Her friend is taking care of her cat while she's in the motel.

Up North 02-05-2012 07:24 PM

I like the quilt but sure hope they were able to save her house!!
Guess I posted before the whole thread came through. I am glad that her home was saved except for the roof. I hope that is covered by insurance and that there was not to much smoke damage.

Christine- 02-05-2012 08:28 PM

Her insurance company has been wonderful! They told her she didn't have to pay her deductible after finding out she spent the night in her house that night, with no power, to make sure the pipes didn't freeze. It was 10 degrees when the firefighters were on her roof, and it was even colder that night. The next day they bought a generator to run a heater for the basement, and then hired a company to stop by every day to put gas in the generator. I'm very impressed with her insurance company... it's Farm Bureau Insurance.

QuiltnLady1 02-05-2012 08:32 PM

Nice looking quilt! I am glad that everyone got out of the house in time. Hopefully she gets back into her house soon.

kathdavis 02-05-2012 08:33 PM

Cute quilt. Love the story. God works in wondrous ways, doesn't he?

Silver Needle 02-05-2012 08:34 PM

I love your table topper design. Glad the damage was not worse

mighty 02-05-2012 09:24 PM

Love your table topper, really great design. Glad to hear the damage was not to bad.

SherryCat 02-06-2012 03:41 AM

God Bless Her!

gsbuffalo 02-06-2012 04:30 AM

the Lord works in mysterious ways.

judylg 02-06-2012 05:22 AM

Very nice quilt, I really like the pinwheels, so much movement. Your sister's story is amazing, too.