Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Complain or not? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/complain-not-t110247.html)

Cris 03-24-2011 06:31 AM

I ordered 6 yards of fabric that I needed from Planted Seed Designs (Arnold's Attic by Moda). I was lucky in the fact that the material was only $5.00 per yard but the shipping was $12.00. I got the fabric yesterday, and was surprised that it was sent in a flat rate envelope and the cost was $4.95! I know I should just let it go since I found the material for only $5.00 per yard as opposed to $7.50-$9.50 but it kinda irks me.

crashnquilt 03-24-2011 06:33 AM

Personally I would lodge a complaint with the company. I think if we all start complaining about shipping rates these companies will start catching on and start lowering their charges.

sahm4605 03-24-2011 06:34 AM

i would send an email and ask why you were charged so much when shipping was not that expensive. ask if there were other charges involved and let them know that they should have stated that fact on the site.

Grama Lehr 03-24-2011 06:34 AM

CALL!! Why not? What do you have to lose? I know they figure in a handling charge, but gee-wizz!! It could be an over site on their part. Give them the benefit of the doubt. See what they say.

jmabby 03-24-2011 06:35 AM

What if you email them stating the shipping charges vs the amount charged and ask for an extra yard or credit.

lindy 03-24-2011 06:35 AM

I bet they say the rest is a 'handling' charge.

kathy 03-24-2011 06:39 AM

I've noticed that on some things before but since I had agreed to the shipping price I didn't figure I had a case. some places add shipping according to the amount of money you spend and I reeeely don't understand that :shock:

mamaw 03-24-2011 06:39 AM

I would approach them with it, let them know you were unhappy; give them something to think about.

sgardner 03-24-2011 06:42 AM

Honestly, you never know what concessions the companies are willing to make until you make that complaint.

After complaining about a pizza I got where the mushroom wasn't cleaned and I bit into a mouthful of dirt, the company refunded my entire order. (I was hoping for a refund for that pizza alone when I called.)

One fabric company sent my next order with zero shipping after months of me waiting for a back-ordered fabric when I called in cancel that fabric and replace it with something else, even though they could have charged me shipping for the other new products.

Most companies want to keep your business, and keep their loyal customers, so it can't hurt to call in and see what they can do for you. As said, even if that difference was labeled as "handling", they could make a concession for you since you expressed some dissatisfaction.

davidwent 03-24-2011 06:44 AM

I would lodge a complaint as well...shipping charges are ruining otherwise good deals. It is a scam in some instances...if as a group we complain about it it might change...the greasy wheel effect my 2 cents
David