Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads - order in process (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-order-process-t200737.html)

liont 09-17-2012 08:03 AM

Connecting Threads - order in process

After hearing so many good things about Connecting Threads, I placed my first order with them. However, they seem rather slow. The order was placed on 10th, and the status as of now is still "in process".
I am not sure if this is normal with them, or I'm the only one having problems?
(I sent them a query yesterday, no replies yet.)

MTS 09-17-2012 08:10 AM

Glad you found a US address to ship to. ;-)

IIRC, my orders varied from a few days to 10 days.
It could be after a new catalog gets mailed out they are mobbed with orders (Hancock's has the same issue).

I wouldn't worry.

crafty pat 09-17-2012 08:25 AM

My last order took about ten days and it was out of a new catalog. They are very good so I would not worry.

Veronica 09-17-2012 08:28 AM

I've always gotten my orders in about a week, never a delay.

liont 09-17-2012 08:30 AM

Ladies, when you say 10 days, it is 10 days to get to your doorstep, or 10 days just to give you a tracking number?

MTS, I have a street address in Miami. We have a mail forwarding contract and they charge by the gram:shock:

Tink's Mom 09-17-2012 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by liont (Post 5521176)
Ladies, when you say 10 days, it is 10 days to ship to your doorstep, or 10 days just to give you a tracking number?

MTS, I have a street address in Miami. We have a mail forwarding contract and they charge by the gram:shock:

I think I would contact them, just for sanities sake. My order usually is 10 days to 2 weeks from date of placing....
The mail forwarding is a lovely thing, but could be pricey with the weight of a large order.

liont 09-17-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 5521183)
I think I would contact them, just for sanities sake. My order usually is 10 days to 2 weeks from date of placing....
The mail forwarding is a lovely thing, but could be pricey with the weight of a large order.

Yes, mail forwarding very pricey. Getting fabric online now is like "treats" for me.

Neesie 09-17-2012 08:51 AM

I order my thread from Red Rock Threads. Have always been please with their service.

tesspug 09-17-2012 08:55 AM

I have received orders from Connecting Threads in as little as five days. I would contact them because it may be your forwarding service that is the problem.

liont 09-17-2012 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by tesspug (Post 5521234)
I have received orders from Connecting Threads in as little as five days. I would contact them because it may be your forwarding service that is the problem.

No, it has not even reached my mail forwarding center. The status of the order is still "in process", that means it is not even shipped out yet. That is what worries me a little.

OK. I just skype-called Connecting Threads. The lady says they are shipping it out today. Hoooray!
Thanks ya'll :)