Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Spring 2012 Batiks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-spring-2012-batiks-t189444.html)

Deb watkins 05-19-2012 04:09 PM

Connecting Threads Spring 2012 Batiks

I received the latest Connecting Threads magazine this past week. Oh my. I just couldn't resist the FQ collection of the Spring Batiks. I have some leaf/flower patterns that I have been itching to try from my HI leaf/flower needleturn applique' book, but just couldn't find the right fabric. Well, these batiks are it!

katier825 05-19-2012 04:33 PM

They are gorgeous - so far, I have resisted temptation...but I'm sure to cave in any time now. LOL Did you already receive them? How do they compare to the pics in the catalog?

burchquilts 05-19-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 5228642)
I received the latest Connecting Threads magazine this past week. Oh my. I just couldn't resist the FQ collection of the Spring Batiks. I have some leaf/flower patterns that I have been itching to try from my HI leaf/flower needleturn applique' book, but just couldn't find the right fabric. Well, these batiks are it!

I "had" to order some other stuff for CT & I couldn't resist a charm pack of these batiks. Have you gotten their batiks before? I have and YUM! Please post when you finish your project with these beauties!

sharon b 05-19-2012 05:46 PM

I am fighting temptation :) But they are gorgeous

suebee 05-19-2012 06:27 PM

Are they called Spring Batiks?, just went to their site and I didnt see anything called spring batiks :(

BellaBoo 05-19-2012 06:32 PM

I ordered the fat quarter sampler of all the new groups as soon as I got the catalog. They are more beautiful in person.

spokanequilter 05-19-2012 07:58 PM

I was drooling over those as well. I have ordered many CT kits and have been really pleased with the quality of the fabric. And, I always order my thread from them. It's good quality cotton thread and a great bargain.

JanTx 05-19-2012 08:04 PM

I dogeared all the pages with beautiful things I drooled over. REALLY want fq groups of several of their lines. Then threw the catalog away. When I have piles on top of my piles DON'T NEED MORE FABRIC! But... I know how to go online, too. (step away from the computer. hands in the air.)

Deb watkins 05-19-2012 08:08 PM

I was wondering about the thread. I have always used the Robison Anton Rayon. Suebee - it is called Summer 2012 Bakit Sampler #5178 They are the FQ at $41.76 And you can also order the fabric by yard for $6.96.

Deb watkins 05-19-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5228830)
I am fighting temptation :) But they are gorgeous

It was the first time I did the sampler myself. I usually hit the Quilters candy - I love the Mirage collections. They blend in so well with all of the other fabric in my stash.