Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/contests-t53861.html)

beckyw 07-11-2010 05:03 AM

Does anybody enter comtests on line. I wpuld enter contest but don't like the calls or emails from all the companies. Anyway around all the emails and phone calls. . I understand one phone and one email per contest but you get many.

CarrieAnne 07-11-2010 05:14 AM

I used to enter alot of contest, butnever won anything, lol, so I dont anymore. LOL, kind of discouraging!

Lockeb 07-11-2010 07:16 AM

I've done a few - I won 1 time - it was a craft store in the U.S. - and we had to write a little letter about our sewing inspiration and I wrote about my grandmother - I won 3 booksmarks in Aida fabric for crossstitching...it was fun!! Never won anything since - that much have been 15-20 years ago!!!!

littlehud 07-11-2010 07:56 AM

I usually don't enter contest for the same reason you stated. A lot of them are just to get your phone number and Email.

wvdek 07-11-2010 07:58 AM

Nope.

ghostrider 07-11-2010 08:06 AM

Do you mean like quilting contests where winners are judged or more like a sweepstakes that are simply the luck of the draw? I've never gotten phone calls or emails from entering either, but then again, I've not given them my personal phone number or email addy so that may explain it. :D

Oops, never mind. I missed the "online" part of that question. In that case, nope.

beckyw 07-11-2010 08:18 AM

More like sweepstakes

ghostrider 07-11-2010 08:36 AM

Set up a second email account with your ISP (most offer up to 5 for free) and use that for the contests and stuff. All the 'junk' will go to that one and leave your regular account alone. It's a lot more secure. Most sweeps do not require a phone number for contact info.

justwannaquilt 07-11-2010 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I usually don't enter contest for the same reason you stated. A lot of them are just to get your phone number and Email.

and then they sell it!

my husband and I recently bought a house, his name is the only one on the loan (mine is on the deed though) we got a better interest rate doing it this way. Anyways. I have gotten a letter in the mail trying to sell me morgage insurance every week since we bought the house. They have yet to send one to my husband. On top of that we already have it included into the morgage that if something happens to him. and furthermore the loan was sold immediately after the papers were finalized. They are still sending the letters with the original morgage co. has it! load of crap and it just makes me so freaking mad! Oh well I guess it keeps someone in a job! Paper mill makes the paper, someone has to print the letter, someone has to stuff envelopes post man has to pick up letter, postoffice has to sort the mail, postman has to deliver junk mail.........

Sorry for the rant! lol

NO I don't enter online anything!

amma 07-11-2010 09:42 AM

Many banks and lending agencies have subsidiary companys. If you don't specifically tell them NOT to send your info on to them, they will. It is in the fine print legalese, in the documents we sign :wink: