Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A couple of questions on my Janome re: 1/4" foot & needles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/couple-questions-my-janome-re-1-4-foot-needles-t205212.html)

Carolyn All Day 11-05-2012 04:29 PM

A couple of questions on my Janome re: 1/4" foot & needles

I recently bought a Janome DC2011 (love it so far compared to the cheaper brother I had to replace).

Anyway, I had a big pack of Organ needles - can I use those on my Janome?

Also, the 1/4" foot my machine came with has a "guide" on it - I can see the benefit of that, but to be honest, I really hate having that guide on there. Does Janome sell a 1/4" foot without the guide? Or would it be possible to use the foot I used on my Brother machine?

Bneighbor 11-05-2012 04:46 PM

They may be interchangeable, but honestly, your dealer might have one that is made for your machine. Having the correct foot is well worth the investment.

LAQUITA 11-05-2012 04:49 PM

I too just got a new Janome but it is the DC2012; (lime green my fav color) LOL I'd suggest you call your dealer and check with them, before trying something different on your new 'baby'. They should be able to help you with the 1/4 foot as well, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the guide on the 1/4 foot, It has been a HUGE help to me. WHat about just using the regular foot and marking your 1/4 houw ever you did on the Brother, or mark the 1/4 with tape or by drawing a black line on it with a sharpie, jsut a few suggestions.
Have fun with your new machine, :)

mic-pa 11-05-2012 05:24 PM

Yes, i use organ needles in all three of my Janomes. They will work just fine.

katesnanna 11-05-2012 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by mic-pa (Post 5637587)

Same here.

LyndaOH 11-05-2012 05:35 PM

Organ needles will be fine. Janome makes a clear convertible 1/4" foot that I love for piecing. It's a clear foot and it has both a detachable 1/4" guide and a detachable stitch in the ditch guide. I use it without either and it's perfect!

QuiltnLady1 11-05-2012 05:44 PM

Organ needles are what are shipped with the Janome machines so no problem using them. I do like the convertable foot as well. I have had several Janome's -- the clip-on part of some of them are wider than others so some of the feet are not interchangable. There are different widths of the feed dogs so the the feet need to properly position on the feed dogs so it is a good idea to stick with feet that work with the ankle and feed dogs of your machine.

SmickChick 11-05-2012 06:02 PM

If the Organ needle is the CORRECT SIZE, it will work just fine. I buy Organ needles in 100 packs/boxes. Please note that the SIZE is the most important thing. I just spent $350 repairing a serger that I damaged (the worst the repairman had ever seen) because I had utilized the wrong size needle.

SherriB 11-05-2012 06:09 PM

I have Janome DC 2008. It did not come with the 1/4 inch foot and I had to buy one. I love having the guide on it. It helps me have more accurate seam allowances.

madamepurl 11-05-2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by mic-pa (Post 5637587)

Me too... I love Organ needles.