Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-deals-mystery-box-t193186.html)

tngal22 06-30-2012 06:14 AM

Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box

Anyone bought a mystery box from Craftsy before? It states it is a Fat Quarter bundle and Designer Charm Packs (not sure how many packs). It also says it is a $120 value. Today they are half off. Would be a great stash builder if they were good quality. Just wanted to ask if anyone has gotten one before and if they are worth it but I buy one. Thanks!

Candace 06-30-2012 06:57 AM

Sounds like a good deal if the fabric is useable.

GagaSmith 06-30-2012 10:20 AM

I have not heard of Craftsy before. What fabrics do they sell. If they sell only LQS quality I would assume the mystery box would contain the same. Maybe you could email them and ask?

chickadeee55 06-30-2012 10:23 AM

I have taken their classes, did not know they sold fabric. Will have to check it out.

tngal22 06-30-2012 11:31 AM

They have daily deals that I get via email each day. Most of the time it is about 30% normal prices, all name brand fabric and all pre-cuts. So I guess the mystery box would be a good purchase, just wish I knew how many charm packs and how many FQ in the bundle, is the bundle 8 or less or more.

tngal22 06-30-2012 12:06 PM

Well, I will be the quinea pig on this...I just placed my order. Eek! lol

auntpiggylpn 06-30-2012 12:46 PM

I saw that too. I almost pushed the purchase button but I restrained! I have put myself on a fabric diet. I just spent the past week cleaning and organizing my quilting/sewing room. I wound up giving 2 big bags of fabric to Goodwill and sent a 16 lb. box off to a friend who makes charity quilts. I definately don't need anything right now. But please do share what you get in the mystery box. I would love to drool over your great deal!

tngal22 06-30-2012 01:08 PM

I do have a nice stash but I am still building so I was drawn into the temptation. lol I will take a pic of the box; it stated 7 to 10 business days to ship.

auntpiggylpn 06-30-2012 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tngal22 (Post 5328924)
I do have a nice stash but I am still building so I was drawn into the temptation. lol I will take a pic of the box; it stated 7 to 10 business days to ship.

This is why I'm on a fabric diet! These are the fabrics that I was able to fit into my actual quilting room. Everything on the shelves is 1 yard minimum but less than 3 yds. The fabrics on the bottom shelves of the all three units is 3 yds to 7 yds or more. The plastic drawers are full of FQ's and 1/2 yd cuts. I still have 3 large plastic tubs in the guest bedroom . . .:rolleyes: :eek: :shock: :o

Lori S 06-30-2012 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5328939)
This is why I'm on a fabric diet! These are the fabrics that I was able to fit into my actual quilting room. Everything on the shelves is 1 yard minimum but less than 3 yds. The fabrics on the bottom shelves of the all three units is 3 yds to 7 yds or more. The plastic drawers are full of FQ's and 1/2 yd cuts. I still have 3 large plastic tubs in the guest bedroom . . .:rolleyes: :eek: :shock: :o

That a very tidy looking stash!!! Love the smaller shelf on the top for precuts and miscellanious.