Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   crazy quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/crazy-quilters-t177040.html)

sewnmom 01-26-2012 10:05 AM

crazy quilters

hi all, are there any CQ out there??? its a good combo, quilting and crazy quilting....would love to visit with anyone ....

sassey 01-26-2012 10:35 AM

well I am crazy and a quilter does that qualify lol I admire cq and hope to make one someday

Daylesewblessed 01-26-2012 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't make formal crazy quilts with the embroidery stitches, but I do make "sew and flip" quilts, which results in a random scrappy look (see picture of frog quilt top). I am now planning a quasi crazy quilt using fragments of embroidered pillowcases and cotton tablecloths as the focus fabric in the center and vintage cotton fabrics sewn to them. I think this will make a nice old-fashioned look. I may decide to do some embroidery to decorate, but will see how it goes.

Dayle

Jackie Spencer 01-26-2012 03:29 PM

Hello I love crazy quilting it is my passion. I do silk ribbon embroidery, beading, couching. I love charms and ribbon thread and all kinds of threads. I took a class from Judith Montano once and have most of her books. I made a CQ vest and entered it in a Quilt Show and won a blue ribbon. Im also working on a CQ quilt. How long have you been CQing?
Wish I knew how to do pictures on here, would send you one.

bnndr 01-26-2012 03:36 PM

I love crazy quilts. I made my daughter on for Christmas two years ago out of lace, velvet and applique and embroidery stitches. It really turned out beautiful. But very heavy. I also backed it with black velvet and tied it instead of quilting it due to pearls and seed beads sewn on it.

luce321 01-26-2012 03:44 PM

I really love crazy quilting. Have seen some beautiful crazy quilts on this forum and they were spectacular. I have done some blocks but have not done any quilts. Would like to do one though.

skrucker 01-26-2012 08:14 PM

I've been collecting silk ties to make a crazy quilt with. I have a shopping bag full so far. Theres a thrift shop close to where I live that sells them for 25 cents each. I probably have enough by now. I found some beautiful ties at the Goodwill store here but they want $3.99 each for them, I can't afford that. Anybody else out there that plans on making a crazy quilt out of silk ties?

Karenowc 01-26-2012 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love, love, love Crazy quilting. My avatar is a crazy quilt (4 corners) and an needleturn applique tree in the middle.
Here is a photo of one of my pieces. It is a 6" pillow. (close up photo)

leakus 01-26-2012 09:17 PM

I love cq but haven't done a quilt yet. I gathered all the old dresses from my mom, grlandma and sisters' parties and I am ready. I love embroidery and silk ribbon embroidery. I just need the courage to start sewing, I am just afraid of putting colours together that might not work and make the quilt not nice to the eye.

SandScraps 01-27-2012 05:03 AM

I'm crazy about quilting, all forms of quilting. If you plans for a visit include Africa, let me know. Nice warm summer out here now!