Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cross Stitched Pictures in a Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cross-stitched-pictures-quilt-t94866.html)

Justmetoo 01-30-2011 09:55 PM

Beautiful cross stitch pics, Thanks for letting others see it! So many talented ppl.

Dotsie 01-30-2011 10:16 PM

Many thanks to all the above people, if you have the skills why not? A very good idea.

Jimmiw 01-30-2011 10:44 PM

Hi frugalfabrics, I machine embroidery and have used embroidered quilting pieces in a quilt. Oh course there is a big difference in hand cross-stitching and machine cross-stitching. Embroidery in quilting is not as popular as straight quilting but it is catching on. The fabric was prewashed and have withstood many washings since. I am assuming the pictured cross stitch was on Aida cloth. Can you take a small embroidery and do a quilt square and wash it to see if it will stand washing before using a larger one? I also did hand embroidery and washed a wall hanging Aida cloth cross-stitch in the machine on cold water and laid it o flat to dry and it came out fine.

AnnieH 01-31-2011 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
I really like that tulip wall hanging, DJ! Beautiful!!!

ditto-really gorgeous.

JNCT14 01-31-2011 04:54 AM

As usual all your comments just gave me a great idea - I have been making hexangonal table toppers using Baltimore Album Beauties as the center becasue I wanted some hand work to do in front of TV with DH at night - however, I am getting a little tired of applique so I think I will do the next one with a cross stitched Baltimore pattern - how cool is THAT? Now I just have to draft the pattern!

978gray 01-31-2011 05:28 AM

YES I have. A small Christmas Quilt with what was supposed to be Cross Stitched ornaments. It came out great, but is now packed away, so do not feel like taking out for a picture.

Jo Mama 01-31-2011 07:23 AM

Both Herschnerr's and Jack Dempsey companies make quilt blocks that you can embroider or crossstitch. I've done several and they incorporate into a quilt beautifully. They look especially pretty with reproduction 30's fabric.

bizzyquilter 01-31-2011 07:23 AM

yes I've put aida cross stitch on quilts. Right now I'm working on a redwork wall hanging which has 4 cross stitch blocks. Something different and it really looks pretty..

Kathy's Clown 01-31-2011 10:47 AM

I did one with embroidered cats. Each block represented chores one does around the house. It was soooo cute and it was donated to a lady confined to a wheelchair. She loves cats and will take good care of this work of art. I quilt with a quilt ministry, thus donating completed projects. And, I forgot to take a picture.

overdew 01-31-2011 12:59 PM

The most georgeous jacket I ever saw was made from embroidered linens pieced together, then made into a lined Chanel style jacket. One of a kind masterpiece!