Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Crumbs, Scraps and Leftovers (Ugly fabric too) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/crumbs-scraps-leftovers-ugly-fabric-too-t103617.html)

Patticake 02-27-2011 02:40 PM

I have a confession to make :oops: and a question to ask.

I save my scraps, crumbs and leftovers (ugly fabrics too :oops: ). Ok, now that I’ve shared that embarrassing fact, I need your help. I will not use these. I just can’t justify using stuff I don’t like when I have so much fabric I love to work with. (I know, shamefully wasteful. :oops: ) That said, I don’t want to just throw it in the garbage either. So here’s what I do when I sew.

I have 3 boxes near my sewing table. The largest is for large scraps I will cut down into sizes or strips I will reuse of fabrics I like. The second is for scraps to small for the first box, scraps I don’t like or fabrics I don’t think I’ll ever use. The third is very small (pop tart size box) for strings, and fine trimmings that I put in a mesh bag in the springtime for the birds to use in their nests.

My question is about the 2nd box. Is there anyone out there that would use someone else’s scraps, crumbs, leftovers and ugliest fabric? I’ve see some really creative stuff on this board but it’s mostly made with the person’s own stuff. Is there anyone who would want to mess with these?

SueDor 02-27-2011 02:48 PM

I believe there is someone here that would love that stuff.

beaniekins 02-27-2011 02:51 PM

There are lots of people here who love to sew with scraps and 'ugly' fabrics. Send them to me, and I'll use them! ;-)

stpatmom 02-27-2011 02:59 PM

I'm sure you would get a lot of takers, me included! good luck with whatever you end up doing with them!

cjomomma 02-27-2011 03:17 PM

I am one of those who loves to receive scrape from others. I prefer to someone else's and then pass mine to someone else. You will find several who would like your scraps.

glenda5253 02-27-2011 03:26 PM

Check out the classified section of the board. There are people that offer their scraps and crumbs from time to time and have really good response.

I cut all my scraps down to less than 2" squares and donate them to a group of ladies that make dog beds for our local Humane Society. They use the scraps for stuffing. I feel like I benefit two ways: getting rid of my scraps or crumbs and helping out our furry friends.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-27-2011 03:34 PM

I'm like you. There are some fabrics I just know I'll never use and it's a waste of time when I could be using the ones I love!!
I'm sure you'd have no problem here. It's fun to get other peoples fabrics!!!

Patticake 02-27-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Patticake
I have a confession to make :oops: and a question to ask.

I save my scraps, crumbs and leftovers (ugly fabrics too :oops: ). Ok, now that I’ve shared that embarrassing fact, I need your help. I will not use these. I just can’t justify using stuff I don’t like when I have so much fabric I love to work with. (I know, shamefully wasteful. :oops: ) That said, I don’t want to just throw it in the garbage either. So here’s what I do when I sew.

I have 3 boxes near my sewing table. The largest is for large scraps I will cut down into sizes or strips I will reuse of fabrics I like. The second is for scraps to small for the first box, scraps I don’t like or fabrics I don’t think I’ll ever use. The third is very small (pop tart size box) for strings, and fine trimmings that I put in a mesh bag in the springtime for the birds to use in their nests.

My question is about the 2nd box. Is there anyone out there that would use someone else’s scraps, crumbs, leftovers and ugliest fabric? I’ve see some really creative stuff on this board but it’s mostly made with the person’s own stuff. Is there anyone who would want to mess with these?

Wow! You are all quick on the draw! I've got two addresses to send to. Thank you all! To those who responded I may PM you at a later date and ask if you still want scraps and send you some. Thanks so much! You've all saved me from my dilemma! :thumbup:

sueisallaboutquilts 02-27-2011 03:40 PM

Patticake, I don't want anything. Just wanted to share my thoughts :D:D

Patticake 02-27-2011 03:42 PM

Thanks! It's nice to know others share the same feeling. I'm glad they will be put to good use. They've been in my stash for some time and I'm cleaning! Maybe I'm really wishing for spring! :D