Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dallas Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dallas-quilt-show-t36291.html)

vicki75 02-07-2010 08:58 PM

Has anyone gone to the Dallas Quilt Show? It's coming up in March. I'm new to Texas and I'm wondering if it's worth the 3 hour drive.

isnthatodd 02-08-2010 04:30 AM

It's been a few years since I last went, but am planning to go this spring. As I remember it, there was a lot to see, many vendors, some very interesting classes, and lots of "good feeling" in the air.

Debra Mc 02-08-2010 03:54 PM

Never been to Dallas. I didn't know they had one. Houston is suppose to be the big dog daddy. There is also one in Tyler, Tx but that is awful far for you to travel. I think San Antonio or New Bransfel has one too. Where is the Dallas show located , market hall or convention center?

Crafty Nana 02-08-2010 04:43 PM

Market hall

vicki75 02-08-2010 04:48 PM

So is this just a quilt show or will there be vendors also?

ibequilting1 02-08-2010 06:12 PM

I have been to the Dallas quilt show several times. I always enjoy it. A lot of beautiful quilts and a lot of vendors also.

Sharon321 02-08-2010 06:57 PM

I go to the Dallas show every year. It is 3 days long but I only go one day and can not see it all. I am there when they open and leave at the close of the day.

Dix 02-09-2010 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by vicki75
Has anyone gone to the Dallas Quilt Show? It's coming up in March. I'm new to Texas and I'm wondering if it's worth the 3 hour drive.

I went 2 years ago and it did not have as much as our Oklahoma Quilt Show has. But it was nice and I went on a bus tour. I am going again with 3 friends and I am sure we will have fun. The best part is coming back we stopped in Sanger, TX to eat at BABE'S fried chicken. Sooooo good. It is worth the drive for eating....I am in Oklahoma City.

vicki75 02-09-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dix

I went 2 years ago and it did not have as much as our Oklahoma Quilt Show has. But it was nice and I went on a bus tour. I am going again with 3 friends and I am sure we will have fun. The best part is coming back we stopped in Sanger, TX to eat at BABE'S fried chicken. Sooooo good. It is worth the drive for eating....I am in Oklahoma City.

I went to the OKC quilt show last June. My mom, my daughter, and myself went. We had a really good time. Then we hit the LQS's in OKC. It was worth the 2 hour drive. I didn't get to go in Jan...maybe next year.

jaciqltznok 02-27-2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dix

that is because the Dallas show is a GUILD show not a Trade show that the OKC show has become.

For the most part the Dallas, guild show is one the most well attended, best vendored, and most entertaining shows I go to each year. I drive down from Northern OK and spend the weekend!