Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DH Wants Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dh-wants-quilt-t93018.html)

Becky Crafts 01-23-2011 01:21 AM

This should be interesting...DH wants me to make him a quilt with a lot of his interests incorporated into it. It's going to take a while to come up with everything, but I sure hope I can do it. So far the list of must haves is:
Chinook Helicopters
Tools
Motorcycles
Indians
Owls
Eagles
By the time I can gather all these up, there will probably be others too. I think it's going to be a challenge to make being a novice here. Am shaking in my boots! Right now, I just got some owl panels to make for his mom who collects them.

craftybear 01-23-2011 01:22 AM

do you have an embroidery machine???

ckcowl 01-23-2011 01:49 AM

sounds fabulous! i bet as you start collecting you will find more and more to add...could be an i-spy type quilt with lots of different (novelty)fabrics. something like an attic windows with a different (activity-past time) in each window would be pretty cool. as you collect, remember us...i'm sure some of us can help you come up with some squares of needed fab's; in fact later this am i will go in and poke around a bit, i know i have some helicopter fabric, trains, clocks, tools (power i think) i would be more than happy to pass on a piece of these if you find you need any of them, and other's probably will be willing to add to your gathering too.

lindyline 01-23-2011 02:17 AM

Sounds like you need to join the monthly block swap! You have lots of interesting themes.

Becky Crafts 01-23-2011 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
do you have an embroidery machine???

He does; I don't use it.

Becky Crafts 01-23-2011 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
sounds fabulous! i bet as you start collecting you will find more and more to add...could be an i-spy type quilt with lots of different (novelty)fabrics. something like an attic windows with a different (activity-past time) in each window would be pretty cool. as you collect, remember us...i'm sure some of us can help you come up with some squares of needed fab's; in fact later this am i will go in and poke around a bit, i know i have some helicopter fabric, trains, clocks, tools (power i think) i would be more than happy to pass on a piece of these if you find you need any of them, and other's probably will be willing to add to your gathering too.

Thank you so much!! The Attic Window would be perfect! I guess because I was so scared of the rest of it, I just couldn't come up with a workable pattern! He flew chinook helicopters in Viet Nam, so I have to get that particular one if they even make a fabric with it. Thank you again!!

raedar63 01-23-2011 04:43 AM

This sounds fantastic except for the helicopters these are my favorite things too!Although my son was a chinook crew in the Marines they do have a fondness for their "birds"

Becky Crafts 01-23-2011 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
This sounds fantastic except for the helicopters these are my favorite things too!Although my son was a chinook crew in the Marines they do have a fondness for their "birds"

Yes, they do! He gets so excited whenever he sees one of those helicopters. LOL! It's one piece I can't compromise on.

fabric lover 01-23-2011 05:22 AM

Perhaps you can find a good picture and print it on fabric? (or have it printed in a copyshop (don't know if that's the tern you use but I hope you know what I mean).

amma 01-23-2011 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Becky Crafts

Originally Posted by ckcowl

Thank you so much!! The Attic Window would be perfect! I guess because I was so scared of the rest of it, I just couldn't come up with a workable pattern! He flew chinook helicopters in Viet Nam, so I have to get that particular one if they even make a fabric with it. Thank you again!!

There is a pattern that uses a 1/2 sq triangle block instead of a set in seams too :wink:

Maybe you can put this in the Members/buy/sell/swap section... and find the fabrics since you need smaller amounts of these :D:D:D