Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you ever not "Bond" with a quilt you made (or making) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-ever-not-bond-quilt-you-made-making-t170933.html)

CAJAMK 12-04-2011 12:24 PM

Did you ever not "Bond" with a quilt you made (or making)

I promised a co-worker a baby quilt. I have it all done except for the binding. For some reason in the middle of this quilt I started to hate it! I mean it turned out ok...most of my quilts I "bond" with...it's a part of me...but this is the first one I just can't wait to get it out of my sewing room. Maybe it's the stress of the holidays and too much work. But I started an adorable Christmas tree quilt for myself that is fun to do and I feel a bonding with it! Did you ever feel like that?

jollyquilting 12-04-2011 12:28 PM

I have one too and it is almost done and carefully laying on a table, waiting until I am "in the mood", which may never come. LOL It is hanging over me though so maybe after Christmas I will finish it. Maybe

MissSandra 12-04-2011 12:28 PM

Oh how I know that feeling, a 4 patch posey in my case I liked the fabric but it was teidous and it was something that did not challenge my mind hated it found sadiemae who finished it for me thank gawd its still wraped up i don't know if i'm going to quilt it.

thepolyparrot 12-04-2011 12:41 PM

I almost always go through a "gee-I-hate-this-thing-what-was-I-thinking" stage in the middle of a quilt. I feel like I'll NEVER get it pieced and then, I feel like I'll NEVER get through with the quilting and I am just sick of looking at it. Sometimes it lasts until I get the binding on it and get it laundered.

Laid out on the bed all fluffed and crinkly, it's a lot prettier to me than it was when I was sweating over it. :)

In childbirth, you forget the labor pains when you're holding the baby.

ckcowl 12-04-2011 01:41 PM

i think most of us go through that at some point- for me it was my mother-in law's quilt-it is a beautiful quilt- which she loves---she almost didn't get it because i just wanted to throw it out by the time it was done- i was so...unhappy with it- did not want my name on it---no one else sees what i see i guess---if i had my way that quilt would be in a land-fill- i wouldn't even inflict it upon a shelter---
i've had quilts not come out quite right- but still liked them ok---i don't know what the deal is---some quilts just (rub us the wrong way?) glad it doesn't happen to often
i can say though---i have a really hard time making baby/kids quilts- i don't know why- i can put together queens all the time---but someone wants a small-kids quilt from me- it's like pulling teeth- i have no idea why that is---i like kids :)...we all have our (quirks) i guess.

soccertxi 12-04-2011 02:38 PM

I just delivered a baby quilt as a gift. I have done the same pattern before, but the fabric I chose for the border and part of the blocks was just too busy for my eye. The mom LOVED it tho, so I'm happy. SHE likes it and I don't have to look at it anymore! ROTLF!

happynana 12-04-2011 02:50 PM

yes the one i am working on now for my son. it just will not flow for me, has been a trying quilt from the beginning and should not be that difficult-it is boxy squares by Bonnie Hunter. Need to get it done in a week or so-will see if that happens.

DogHouseMom 12-04-2011 03:05 PM

I've got a few I didn't bond with ... they're called UFO's.

Mitch's mom 12-04-2011 03:20 PM

I just started a thread about finishing my quilt from hell. So - yes. Not only did I not bond with it, I don't think I like the woman I made it for so much anymore either! :D

hperttula123 12-04-2011 03:37 PM

Been there. Sometimes I just make myself get it done quick so it's gone and I don't have to look at it anymore. :)