Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you EVER (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-ever-t148162.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-27-2011 03:47 AM

Holy cow!!! I need another cup of coffee after reading your adventures! LOL :D

loves_2_quilt 08-27-2011 04:36 AM

Wow, I'm tired just reading your post. Hope next projects go better for you.

pocoellie 08-27-2011 04:55 AM

Just reading your topic made me tired. LOL I'm glad that you almost got the birthday boy's quilt done or at least done enough for him and he obviously loves it very much. How about taking your needed supplies over to his house and finishing it there, so he can watch you?

As for your mil quilt, I can't over you any help there, except it sounds like you really don't want to make her a quilt, so I think I'd tell my husband "not right now" or he can make the quilt.

When you HAVE to make a quilt, it's no longer fun and when you really DON'T want to make it, it's really a CHORE.

Kuusistoquilter 08-27-2011 05:03 AM

I can soooo relate to you. It seems that since I retired 4 years ago, I am fair game to the rest of the family. I run kids to the doctor, run errands for the kids and grandkids, make projects for them, babysit at least 1 day a week, run errands for DH, ect. I cherice my few days at home that I can focus on quilting. No wonder we are exhauseted at 9pm and fall into bed.

susie-susie-susie 08-27-2011 05:09 AM

Wow, I was tired just reading your post. Your husband sounds wonderful. That sound like my world about 20-30 years ago with just 4 kids. Now it is starting all over again with DGK all 6 of them. Only problem is that I'm 20-30 years older with probably 50% less energy. Enough with MY pity party. Just glad I have any energy left!! Keep your chin up, school is comming soon.
Sue

Dolphyngyrl 08-27-2011 05:53 AM

I feel that way right now about my best friends wedding gift, have one month to make it and then find a quilter, wait another month for them to finish it, hopefully it will be done by then

cindy4857 08-28-2011 08:44 PM

Want to's are fun, Have to's are not. Thank you all for reading my book, lol, but I had had a horrible week and it really scared me that I was feeling so rotten about quilting. The quilt I'm gonna do is for Mother in law (I decided) is a pre-cut quilt type thing I bought off of ebay. It is going together fast and it will be pretty I'm sure both my hubby and she will like it. It also is easy enough that it feels good to be doing it. I guess sometimes I wish non quilters/sewers/knitters/crocheters would realize that it's not coming off an assembly line and that I'm attached to the end of it :-) again thank you all for replying and helping me through that big bump and yes it really did help.

timepasser 08-28-2011 09:07 PM

Wow Cindy and I thought I had a black cloud that followed me around. I am doing some rush things right now too and will send you a PM soon. Trying to get some things done to send to a Toys for Tots benefit. remember...deep breaths, deep breaths