Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you FMQ a French Braid quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-fmq-french-braid-quilt-t164338.html)

sewingsuz 10-31-2011 05:50 PM

Your quilt is very nice, Good looking

Keep Them In Stitches 10-31-2011 07:11 PM

Love your colors. Wendy, your FMQ is gorgeous. Delilah your FMQ is great, too. Some day I shall do a french braid.

BrendaK 10-31-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by azwendyg
LOVE your quilt top--It's absolutely GORGEOUS!

Hope this gives you some ideas...Here's what I did to FMQ a large runner. (I plan on adapting this design for my quilt when it's ready.) I wouldn't quilt the middle squares as heavily as I did on this one for a bed quilt though; I posted these pics just so you could get some idea of where you might like to lay out designs.

Your quilt top is so beautiful already, that I'd keep the quilting simpler, probably feathers down each side of the braid and just enough in your focus squares to accent the fabric designs nicely. I think for your quilt top, some contrasting quilting on those purple sashing pieces would look wonderful--what about a "curly ribbon" or swirls design? Both are pretty easy to FMQ, and would look great. I think I'd use yellow thread to match the little stirps beside it.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Oh my heavens. I love the back almost as much as I do the front. The talent on this board never ceases to amaze me. Beautiful. BrendaK

BrendaK 10-31-2011 07:26 PM

OH Ladies: Katier825, Azwendyg, Delilah and dilyn your colors are lovely. As I said I want to do a braid after seeing all of yours I may think about it again. All are BEAUTIFUL. BrendaK

newbee3 10-31-2011 10:32 PM

nice

janedb 11-01-2011 12:39 AM

ohhh myy god.. your fmq is so gorgeous, i am just getting into it have all the gear + a new janome horizon. xfingers i am as good as you one day.

Originally Posted by azwendyg
LOVE your quilt top--It's absolutely GORGEOUS!

Hope this gives you some ideas...Here's what I did to FMQ a large runner. (I plan on adapting this design for my quilt when it's ready.) I wouldn't quilt the middle squares as heavily as I did on this one for a bed quilt though; I posted these pics just so you could get some idea of where you might like to lay out designs.

Your quilt top is so beautiful already, that I'd keep the quilting simpler, probably feathers down each side of the braid and just enough in your focus squares to accent the fabric designs nicely. I think for your quilt top, some contrasting quilting on those purple sashing pieces would look wonderful--what about a "curly ribbon" or swirls design? Both are pretty easy to FMQ, and would look great. I think I'd use yellow thread to match the little stirps beside it.

heather1949 11-01-2011 03:01 AM

Whatever you decide it is going to be gorgeous.

katier825 11-01-2011 03:14 AM

I do love the feathers. I might try to draw something out on paper and follow a pattern. I imagine it's a bit harder to do feathers on a domestic machine than a long arm...maybe I will give it a go.