Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Difference? Janome 6300..6500..6600 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/difference-janome-6300-6500-6600-a-t206014.html)

Eyelets 01-03-2013 06:39 AM

I don't know if you are still machine shopping, as I see this is over a month old, but I bought the J6300 last June online. I called the vendor and talked about the machine, and as I had already purchased several machines from this company I was satisfied in this purchase also and went ahead, even though to me this was quite a bit of money. I love it. It came in pristine shape, the dealer IS a real Janome dealer and you have a warranty with them. Sew Vac Direct in College Station Texas. I have had such good experience with that seller. Anyway, as to the 6300. It sews through everything nicely - I have pieced two quilts, sewn a shirt, a quilted pillow case, a double sided quilted lunch bag lined, and several other things, and just completed two quilt tops and am FMQuilting them now. I love the machine. I have another machine with lots of lovely deco stitches which I hardly ever use, and with alphabets as well, so it's fair to point out I have those if I need them. However, I would recommend the 6300 highly as an only machine anyway. It is of course, a flatbed machine, so no free arm, which might or might not make a difference to some people. I learned in the old days on a flatbed machine, so I can do cuffs etc. without a free arm, though a free arm is handy. Features I love on the machine are the knee lift and the thread cutter, although I only use the thread cutter at the end of seams because of the short little ends. I also of course love needle up/down, but that's pretty standard now days.

MissSongbird 01-03-2013 06:59 AM

I've been looking at the Janome 6300. It's the machine I'm gonna get when I miraculously get $1000. I went and tried it out and it worked really nicely in my opinion.

germanquilter 01-03-2013 10:57 AM

I have the Janome 6600 bought at the Lancaster Quilt Show through Brubakers. I bought the machine on the last day of the show and negotiated a deal with two extra feet and a sturdy sewing table the machine fits perfectly into for $1450! The table alone sold for $400 at the show. I love the machine because of the built-in accufeed but a friend of mine has the 6500 and is just as happy with hers :) Brubakers is great and if you can hold off until April; they always have deals in conjunction with the Lancaster, PA quilt show.

QM 01-03-2013 11:05 AM

I think it is a mistake to buy more machine han you will actually use. I have a wonderful dealer. I can call him for suggestions. For me, having a good dealer is worth quite a bit. The decision, however, is one you will need to make. I was surprised to find the free class from the dealer was really helpful to me. (I have been sewing heavily since 1961.)