Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you do quilt swaps? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-do-quilt-swaps-t26149.html)

momto4 09-27-2009 09:46 PM

How many of you do the different swaps (doll quilt swap especially) I have been looking at the swaps and they look like a blast but I am so new that I hate for my partner to get something that is not nice to them =/ Maybe I will practice more and sign up some other time in the future.

Gwyn 09-27-2009 09:53 PM

You will be fine. We are a very friendly group of wonderful quilters. We all have different skill levels. I am almost blind and they let me join in. Sometimes simplicity is the best choice. It doesn't need to be expensive either. It is supposed to be fun, friendly and a place to learn. So come on, click on the October doll quilt, cut some squares from your scraps and make a small quilt. You can use flannel for a batting if you don't have some.

There are many easy and free patterns on the internet. If you want help, click on the private messages link. My name is Gwyn and I would love to answer questions or encouragement. Gwyn

momto4 09-27-2009 10:14 PM

:) THANK YOU so much! :) I will go sign up right now. I will definitely try my best and hopefully my partner will love it as much as I love making it!

SulaBug 09-27-2009 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by momto4
:) THANK YOU so much! :) I will go sign up right now. I will definitely try my best and hopefully my partner will love it as much as I love making it!

Good for you. You will have so much fun joining this swap!!
:D :D :D :D

k3n 09-27-2009 11:17 PM

Hi Momto4 - I saw you joined the doll quilt swap! Well done you! I know I was a bit scared at first - it's one thing to show pics on here but another to send your stuff in person to someone else! But everyone on here is so friendly and encouraging and most of all - it's fun! I love getting quilts from all over the world - so far I've got one from Canada, Japan and two from the USA. So pleased you joined in! :D

tlrnhi 09-28-2009 01:56 AM

Just jump in and do it!
We are all very nice and I haven't heard a bad word about any of the mini's that have been out there.
Everyone has to start somewhere.
I take the mini's as a project to learn how to do new things.
I figured out HOW to hand stitch binding by doing the mini's!! Pretty cool, huh? Now, I don't have to machine sew the bindings and they look 100% better, in my opinion!
I can try different patterns to see if I like the blocks too.
It's all in what you want to do.
Your mini will be just as loved by someone else as it is loved by you. No worries!!

NorBanaquilts 09-28-2009 02:57 AM

I'm so glad you joined the doll swap. It's great fun as you'll find out! Don't worry about being a beginner, make something for your skill level, add a little heart and your partner will be thrilled.

STAR 09-28-2009 03:21 AM

My first doll quilt swap was the july one. That was also my very first "finished" quilt. to make it easier on myself I tried to keep to the smallest overall size. But I did good and my partner loved it :mrgreen: and after getting the one from her I was addicted!!! it is great getting these from allover. Glad you signed up you will love it! :D

Chele 09-28-2009 03:24 AM

I agree with everyone else! Join in on the fun! We all quilt at different levels but all the quilts made are loved and enjoyed. I would fall out of my chair if I ever saw a disparaging comment. It just doesn't happen here.

There are many tips given right on this board and you can find even more instruction on the internet. The mini quilts give you the chance to practice your skills and learn new techniques. It's fun!

Quilt4u 09-28-2009 03:26 AM

So glad you joined. You are going to have alot of fun.