Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you ever feel like your constantly changing your sewing room around? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-ever-feel-like-your-constantly-changing-your-sewing-room-around-t162786.html)

Just Fabric 10-24-2011 05:23 AM

I have so....much stuff, an I am constantly re-organizing, although the fabric stays put, its all the other stuff to find places for, as you can see by my picture I have the entire top floor for sewing, 2 plus bedrooms and an open concept room which is used for my cutting table, smaller table for one of my sewing machines (one bedroom is my bedroom), the other is kinda a guest-just a full size bed in there surrounded by more fabric an bins, I have run out of wall space, any suggestions would be helpful.

Xstitshmom 10-24-2011 05:30 AM

yes, but I have to share my sewing room with the guest bedroom. I don't have very much space at all.

Scissor Queen 10-24-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Just Fabric
I have so....much stuff, an I am constantly re-organizing, although the fabric stays put, its all the other stuff to find places for, as you can see by my picture I have the entire top floor for sewing, 2 plus bedrooms and an open concept room which is used for my cutting table, smaller table for one of my sewing machines (one bedroom is my bedroom), the other is kinda a guest-just a full size bed in there surrounded by more fabric an bins, I have run out of wall space, any suggestions would be helpful.

Buy less fabric. Sew more.

manley 10-24-2011 05:50 AM

This is so funny since I thought I was the only one that did that. :D I had a quilting little cottage built 16x16 in 2006 and now it's so full of stuff, sewing machines, a sofa, coffee table and other cabinets. I need to just get rid of some of my stuff. I can never get comfortable.

sewwhat85 10-24-2011 05:52 AM

Yes just send boxes of fabric my way and i will take care of it for you

Mamagus 10-24-2011 05:59 AM

I have a table that folds up into the wall much like a Murphy bed that is opened and closed depending on what I am doing. And my cutting table and ironing board float around the room depending on what projects are being done.

My room is 13X14 but I sure wish it was 20X20. Seriously thinking that when hubby retires I will take over the basement that is semi-finished and turn this room back into bedroom #4. With 5 children and their significant others returning to visit we do need the extra bedroom.

QuiltnNan 10-24-2011 06:01 AM

the only moving around in mine is the projects and leftovers of the projects that get moved from the cutting table to the sewing table, to the bookshelf, etc. i'm just not good at putting away :lol:

Sadiemae 10-24-2011 06:08 AM

No, but it is time to organize my whole house...

dltaylor 10-24-2011 06:20 AM

Is that your sewing stash in the avatar??

QuiltnNan 10-24-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by dltaylor
Is that your sewing stash in the avatar??

wow, you are right i think. that is awesome!!!!