Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have quilting friends like this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-quilting-friends-like-t205926.html)

seamstome 11-15-2012 10:12 AM

Yes I do. I have three different groups I do it with. We do this regularly. One group is once a quarter-rotating hostesses, one is as we can usually at my house and the other is twice a year for a big bash that I hostess.

Saturday, I am having 10 people at my house for two days--open house style. Come when you can, bring a dish to pass, your project and machine and a sense of humor. Five are experienced quilters and five are non-quilters. I usually invite 15 ish.

mimi=17 11-15-2012 10:48 AM

hi scrap lady we have awonderful group... we sew we quilt we talk we share every thing.we learn sooooo many things from show and tell. love from Wetumpka near Montgomery

Jim's Gem 11-15-2012 10:51 AM

How fun!! I love those kinds of friends. I have done that a time or two. Maybe I need to call them up more often and have them just come over and sew and I serve soup
!!!

fmhall2 11-15-2012 11:15 AM

When I lived in southern California (moved from there in 92) I had a wonderful friend, Paula, and we used to quilt together often, but then I moved away. Now in SC, I noticed several on the QB who listed SC as their location, so I PM'd each one. We all live within a 2 hour drive of each other. So far we have gotten together 3 times, twice at restaurants for lunch, and once at my home for the afternoon. Our next get together will be a trip to Mary Jo's in Gastonia, NC. Quilting friends are great.

DOTTYMO 11-15-2012 11:18 AM

I have a group of friends living close. When one knew I was getting lonely after an operation earlier this year she drove over to take me to class. Later I returned favour by having a sewing day at her house. We also have visits to a quilt shop and we stop for lunch on the way back. Quilting has given me so many reliable friends.

Ladibug 11-15-2012 11:19 AM

Those of you that have a friend or friends to get together with, quilting or not, are very, very blessed.

Ladibug

sewnut 11-15-2012 11:27 AM

Oooooooh! That would be so wonderful! Call me so envious in Wyoming!

CAS49OR 11-15-2012 11:36 AM

Your friends sound great! I don't have any quilting friends at home (mine or theirs), but I'm almost healed from ACDF surgery and hope to start going to classes and charity sewing meetups at the LQS once a month pretty soon.

btw now I'm craving chili, and not the canned junk, thanks! :D

ragquilter 11-15-2012 11:43 AM

Enjoy your day with your friends. I just moved to a new town and don't know any one. I would love to have quilting buddies, sometimes it is hard to get anything done without a nudge.

cowgirlquilter 11-15-2012 12:32 PM

Wow.....this is neat. I do not have any friends here at all, much less someone that quilts. It is pretty lonely for me. My bestest friend, my hubby is wonderful, but I would love to find friends......