Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have a wheeled case? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-wheeled-case-t171331.html)

Sunnie 12-08-2011 04:14 AM

Do you have a wheeled case?

I am thinking of getting a wheeled case for my sewing machine. I need a larger case (at least 19" interior) that will fit both of my machines. I have a Janome 6500 and a BabyLock Quest Plus - they both measure 18"+. Bluefig & Hemline have cases of that size, but I wonder if they will hold up. I would love a Tutto, but they are way out of my budget. There are a lot of options out there so I am looking to all of you for recommendations.

jitkaau 12-08-2011 04:34 AM

Have a look at the Baby Lock case that fits their overlockers. It is the largest one I have seen.

Michellesews 12-08-2011 04:36 AM

I know a lady who uses a cooler on wheels from
Walmart...especially when she flies with her machine. Works for her.

Sunnie 12-08-2011 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Michellesews (Post 4761850)
I know a lady who uses a cooler on wheels from
Walmart...especially when she flies with her machine. Works for her.

Now that's an interesting idea. Do you know how she secures her machine inside?

brushandthimble 12-08-2011 04:52 AM

I have a wheeled cart and my BLP just fits into it. I had the case for years for my Elna. I too would love a Tutto, but like you not in my budget. I have read of the coolers used for small machines.

snipforfun 12-08-2011 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnie (Post 4761797)
I am thinking of getting a wheeled case for my sewing machine. I need a larger case (at least 19" interior) that will fit both of my machines. I have a Janome 6500 and a BabyLock Quest Plus - they both measure 18"+. Bluefig & Hemline have cases of that size, but I wonder if they will hold up. I would love a Tutto, but they are way out of my budget. There are a lot of options out there so I am looking to all of you for recommendations.

Yes the Tuttos are $ but sooooo good. Watch Joanns.com for deals. I got mine when it wasnt on sale and used 50% coupon. I have the janome 6600 and bought the large Tutto. Tutto.com has a sizing chart to determine which size for your machine. Think about what machine you may get in the future and get a tutto for that.

abdconsultant 12-08-2011 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 4761903)
Yes the Tuttos are $ but sooooo good. Watch Joanns.com for deals. I got mine when it wasnt on sale and used 50% coupon. I have the janome 6600 and bought the large Tutto. Tutto.com has a sizing chart to determine which size for your machine. Think about what machine you may get in the future and get a tutto for that.

I strongly recommend a tutto, save up and invest.

Sandygirl 12-08-2011 05:05 AM

I paid around $175 for my wheeled case for my Janome 9700 "thinking" that I would lug that monster to classes.
Silly me....I have yet to attend a class and have since purchased a much smaller class sized machine to take for "when" I do get to attend a class. I store fabric in my rolling case.

I guess that I was over enthusiastic about buying that roller case. (6 years ago). I love the
Tutto Ones. But I am not in the market. The cooler is an interesting idea.

Sandy

gollytwo 12-08-2011 05:15 AM

I have a mid-size Tutto that I bought several years back for my Bernina 1030 - I love it.
It stays in my car (now with a Jem Gold in it) ready to transport for workshops, classes etc.
Snipforfun's suggestion is a good one - wait for a Joann's coupon to get one when it's not on sale.
There's a new mini Tutto out now for c. $50 - I'm still looking to find it discounted somewhere.

Sunnie 12-08-2011 05:21 AM

Well, it sounds like I need to start saving for a Tutto. I looked at JoAnn online and they seem to only have the medium size and I really think I need the large. Question - I often see the Tutto booth at shows ~ are the show prices reasonable?