Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you know the name of this pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-know-name-pattern-t212345.html)

LadyLupine 01-30-2013 12:51 PM

Whatever the name, this looks like a great project to bust your stash. Would love to see this made up!

kaylfordsollimo 01-30-2013 01:04 PM

It's a 25 patch with a pinwheel. Set on point. Several are saying 16 patch. Look more carefully.

Originally Posted by soccertxi (Post 5822391)
I don't have that pattern, but I could probably talk you thru it if no one else comes up with a pattern. If you tilt your head? you will see a checkerboard block and a pinwheel block. For the checkerboard, you can either do all the small squares one by one, or do two strip sets. One set would be color/neutral/C/N/C and the other set would be N/C/N/C/N. YOu would need 3 sets starting with the neutral and 2 sets starting with the color. The pinwheel block is 4 HST squares put together. Side and corner triangles are needed to fill in. Hope this gives you a start. I would be pretty easily done up on graph paper.

Marlo 01-30-2013 01:37 PM

According to Judy Hopkins in "Around The Block Again" it is COUNTRY CHECKERS. HOPE THIS HELPS.

MTS 01-30-2013 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by kaylfordsollimo (Post 5825769)
It's a 25 patch with a pinwheel. Set on point. Several are saying 16 patch. Look more carefully.

Noted and revised.
Read the whole thread.

Michelekolt 01-30-2013 02:04 PM

Thank you Marlo, I found the pattern on Connecting threads

ube quilting 01-30-2013 03:14 PM

This is gonna be a cool art piece. Congrats and keep us updated.

@ MTS: You are Maaaaaaaavalous!
peace

squires1042 01-30-2013 03:45 PM

definately on quilters cache its a 12" block. Just downloaded it a few days ago myself.

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 5822693)
This pattern is on Quilters Cache somewhere, I'll have a look and find the page. Can't remember the name of the block.

Can't find it, must have been in a magazine somewhere. Others are here with very good results! :)

nightquilter 01-30-2013 04:09 PM

I must not be understanding this pattern,I do see the pinwheels but why worry with them?I would strip set the checkerboard block (one light one color)using 5 strips and(turn each 1/4 turn befor I sewed the hst )on point and do a half square triangle( one light and one dark) on all 4 sides you can see they are set with the lights and darks arranged to form the pinwheels, then add a 3 or so inch strip with corner block then 2 colored piano keys with corner block and another strip with corner blocks would this not work? I would have 20 blocks. Maybe I would have a mess but...

sharin'Sharon 01-30-2013 10:05 PM

I would sew the blocks in straight rows as we look at the pattern in lieu of the 25 patch block and pinwheel block version and set in diagonal rows (IMHO). Like the comment just above, doing the 25 patch block, then sewing the 2 HST (made like the Boston block for an easier way) to each corner, sounds more my style of sewing the block. Your quilt will be interesting and will look forward to a pic of your final work.

tlrnhi 01-31-2013 04:54 PM

$600? for a 3' x 7' wallhanging? OMG!!!