Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you know what this pattern is called or where I can purchase it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-know-what-pattern-called-where-i-can-purchase-t146907.html)

LindaM 08-21-2011 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to do the quilt pictured below ... I know I have seen the quilt pattern for sale somewhere, but don't know the name so searching online is not working ...

Thanks!
Linda

4dogs 08-21-2011 08:00 PM

it looks like the square in a square one, and you can probalby find it for free...I just cant remember where I saw it....maybe you could do it without a pattern, it looks fairly straighforward.

Twisted Quilter 08-21-2011 08:03 PM

Oh, I like this one! I hope someone can find the pattern. I'll be watching this thread.

raedar63 08-21-2011 08:05 PM

I seen it on one of the major fabric manufactures websites, try Hoffman,RJR,Andover to name a few. I frequent the manufacturer sites often they have great patterns and often they are free. Oh also try Moda and the Moda bakeshop.

Seems like this one has the word city in it.

Sandee 08-21-2011 08:06 PM

I know it was in a Fons & Porter mag a few yrs ago. I think someone on here made one,but I'd never be able to find it in search. Sorry- Guess I'm not too helpful.............

I think you might be able to figure it out by yourself. If you look at the bottom of the black rows, you can see how the pattern is made. The 1st block in the row is the square with the strips going around it. The next block is the stripes in between. Then there seems to be the thinner sashing row in between the larger blocks. Looks like the 1st & last of the white pieces is wider in the 2nd,etc, bigger block rows.That's really all there is to it. Just decide how big you want it & do the math. Alternate the blocks. Don't forget the seam allowances. Good luck on the search.
PS- I use graph paper to figure things like this out.

craftybear 08-21-2011 08:06 PM

love the design

sushi 08-21-2011 08:07 PM

Judy (aka 4dogs),

I'm not seeing how this is put together. Will you please tell us what you see/how you'd break down the pattern?

I've only been making quilts for about a year, so I still have lots to learn.

Thanks!

cjomomma 08-21-2011 08:10 PM

I hope you are able to find the name. I know I've seen it too but can't remember where. Good luck! :-)

btiny36 08-21-2011 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
To me It looks like Square in a Square block, then three strips sewin together, then Square n Square block ect.
Then a sashing with one strip that lines up in the middle of the top block and the next strip in the sashing lining up with the middle strip in the three sewn strips together...so basically the blocks in the quilt would be Square n Square and three strip block, with sashing with strip sewn in it...

Candace 08-21-2011 08:40 PM

Wow, I love it too and would like to know the pattern name.