Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you make lists? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-make-lists-t201902.html)

Jingle 10-02-2012 04:42 AM

I use to make a list for cleaning, stopped that long ago. I have a list of all the quilts, comforters and biscuit quilts I have made over the last 45-46 years and who I gave them to. I started a list of all the quilts I want to make, gave up on that and just make what pops into my head. For Thanksgiving shopping and dinner I make a list so nothing is forgotten.

PenniF 10-02-2012 05:58 AM

oh yeah...i make 'em all the time -- and if i'm really lucky - i remember where i put them !!!

PumpkinSundae 10-02-2012 06:50 AM

I keep a list of all of the quilting things I want to try...too many on the list but I hope to get to most some day.

judykay 10-02-2012 07:40 AM

I make lists of everything except my bucket list, that one I just keep on the computer under ideas. I also keep paper and pen next to my bed as that is when things pop into my head and I can't fall a sleep, I just reach over (don't even turn on the light) & write down my idea then I can go to sleep with no problem. When I am not home I send myself emails of things I want to do when I return. I keep a small note pad in my purse for when I am out and I see something either that I want and give a hint to someone or something to purchase in the future for someone else.

charlotte37830 10-02-2012 04:27 PM

I make lists for everything, groceries, to do, menus to choose from, appointments, housework, sewing, crafts, etc. I would be lost without them and never get anything done.

quiltedkitty 10-02-2012 04:47 PM

I have a dry wipe board in my sewing room. I keep a list of projects for the month. It really helps me get things done and it feels great to erase them.

madamepurl 10-02-2012 04:50 PM

I'm a list maker too. I do also set goals for the week. Sometimes I'm there and sometimes not. I'm doing lots of QAL at the local quilt shop, so it helps to keep me on track. I also keep everything that's on going or a UFO contained, so it doesn't get misplace by accident. I have purchased several of those containers from Joann's that have different trays and a top handle. Easy to store and easy to carry.

w7sue 10-02-2012 08:58 PM

I read someplace that people who makes lists get more done - not sure I really agree - lol

The one reason I like lists is that when something is crossed off there is a sense of accomplishment - sometimes my daily list has little things on it like take out the garbage, unload the dishwasher, dust one cabinet in the family room, make the bed ... when I look at the list at the end of the day I feel like I got so much done.

I think that as moms we do a lot of little things that get overlooked and sometimes it's nice to see it written down and crossed off - shows how much we really do!

mulberryellie 10-03-2012 01:51 AM

I love lists but recognised (only recently) that I was being ruled by them and could do with being a little more ad hoc/flexible.

However..........I am not wholly reformed: I do have a pretty little notebook that I jot down all my quilt thoughts, ranging from a book I want to check out on Amazon, patterns to add to the "would like to do" pile, fabric I want/need etc.

I am really only a beginner so no-one am still making quilts only for myself/immediate family - I live in hope that I could imagine finishing more than one quilt every two years!