Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you make lists? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-make-lists-t201902.html)

Jo C 09-30-2012 05:21 AM

Do you make lists?

I keep a little notebook listing all of my projects, ideas etc. it helps me keep track of QALs, due dates, etc. i recently started to make a list of what i want to accomplish during the week. For example, i know there will be a block of the week so i write that down. Then perhaps i need to make a backing or a binding. I set weekly goals for WIPs. Boy this has helped so much. Don't always get it all done but it sure keeps me from staring off into space wondering what i should do next. I make the weeks list on Saturday nite. Keeping track on a computer spreadsheet doesn't work for me. With my list and notebook in front of me, i can roll along.

Does anyone have a method to stay organized on a short term goals? I'd love additional ideas!

DebraK 09-30-2012 05:33 AM

I have a shelf dedicated to staged projects so I don't lose or use something needed for that project. If dates are important, those projects are on top with a post-it pinned to it, or in the same clear bag. There is a list on the same shelf were completions are crossed off. that part is gratifying ;-)

Tartan 09-30-2012 06:00 AM

I stopped listing what I had to finish, too depressing. I start a list at the beginning of each year and add each finished project, it is much more encouraging.

ghostrider 09-30-2012 07:02 AM

I know too many people who are so 'list obsessed' they never get down to doing what's actually listed. I keep track of deadlines and progress in Outlook, just as I did when I was working, but I'd much rather be accomplishing something than listing it at this point in my life. To each their own.

Pat625 09-30-2012 07:06 AM

I have a notebook too! Of course there are many times I don't complete what is on my list, but at least I have an idea of what to work on next...I guess it is old age..if I don't write it down, I would never remember to do it

joyce888 09-30-2012 07:07 AM

Yes I make list for just about everything EXCEPT quilting. I only make a list for quilting when I'm needing supplies or take swatches with me when I'm trying to match fabric.

Jo C 09-30-2012 07:20 AM

I think its great that we all have different systems that work for us. I'm enjoying hearing about how each of you works.

QuiltnNan 09-30-2012 07:29 AM

the only lists i make are my shopping lists

MattieMae 09-30-2012 10:15 AM

Back in the early 90's, the corporation I worked for bought us a Franklin Planner and sent us to class to learn how to use it. Your entire life info was in there, everything was planned and organized. Now I just use steno pads and sticky notes.

ksdot417 09-30-2012 10:36 AM

I have a dry erase board that I list the projects I hope to finish. It's kind of nice when I mark things off the list. It also helps keep me focused on my projects. That being said - I've never let it top me from doing something else.