Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you shop at Connecting Threads? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-shop-connecting-threads-t203032.html)

callen 10-13-2012 06:52 AM

I have ordered from them & so far really like their fabric. Usually my order has been shipped within 24 hours so that's great. Just did another order 2 days ago & they have already shipped it !!

mariah1876 10-13-2012 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=IAmCatOwned;5580314]I haven't bought any fabric from them since they it was no longer American produced.

Is any fabric still American produced?

majormom 10-13-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by cathylynn (Post 5580563)
I haven't found this to be the case with Connecting Threads. I am very happy with the quality of fabric purchased and how quickly and correctly my orders have been processed. I will continue to purchase from Connecting Threads as I get more bang for the buck! (hence, more projects!)

I agree. I really like to shop at Connecting Threads. I love their fabric and the way it always seems to arrive at my home so much faster than other outlets. Also they are generous with their cuts. I don't want to be gypped even 1/2 an inch!!!!!

QuiltingNancy 10-13-2012 07:52 AM

I love the Connecting Threads, thread. I used it for piecing and free motion quilting; it's wonderful. I do not find it more "linty" than any of the other quality brands, King Tut, Prensia, etc.

judy_68 10-13-2012 07:54 AM

I buy my thread from Connecting Threads. I like it.

Sewnoma 10-13-2012 09:00 AM

I've bought a lot from them and had no problems or complaints!

I love robots and they had their robot-themed fabric on clearance, I bought 30 charm packs at a buck each to make myself a quilt. SOME day I'll be done with all these other quilts for other people and will actually put it together! The quality is perhaps not top-of-the-line, but it's definitely "good" - it's not see-thru, doesn't ravel any more than anything else, etc. I've also been pleased with their solids and the mirage line. Their batiks seem "thin" compared to other batiks but that's kind of a good thing since I blend batiks with prints and solids when I use them.

Their thread is linty (about the same as C&C, as someone else noted) but good and you can't beat that price. My Janome 6600 likes it just fine. I use Aurifil for piecing and CT thread for quilting. Next time they have a thread sale I'm going to buy a whole rainbow! I just wish they had variegated thread, then I'd be in hog heaven!

lynnefaye 10-13-2012 10:11 AM

Ordering from Connecting Threads

I like the Mirage fabrics, make great blenders. I am using the large spool thread, cotton, now and have a lot of spools left so will keep using it. I tried the Essential Pro for my longarm and works really great for that. Then ran out of white spools and used the Ess Pro for piecing....wow, makes such a nice thin seam. The thread is poly and I think it is 70 weight. I will use the spools for other sewing and the cones of poly for piecing from now on. Like someone else mentioned....sure hope they carry varigated soon. Guess we should be emailing them with that wish and I will do so today.

ragquilter 10-13-2012 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=mariah1876;5582104]

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned (Post 5580314)
I haven't bought any fabric from them since they it was no longer American produced.

Is any fabric still American produced?

I was wondering the same thing. I would love to find some but haven't yet. I always think about people complaining about all the jobs going over seas but they will be the first in line to buy the latest and greatest product that is produced over seas. If anyone knows where I can get USA made fabric please let post so I can buy too. But I do agree with Mariah the only way to bring jobs back is to not buy anything made over seas except for what you can't do without.

MadP 10-13-2012 10:57 AM

Their thread was recommended by the business I brought my last machine.

charhend 10-13-2012 01:07 PM

I have been buying from them for several years and have no complaints. I love their fabric and the service they provide.