Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you........... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-t8929.html)

Jean Mathews 07-11-2008 03:51 AM

I usually have 2 or 3 at one time. they are in different stages.

quiltwoman 07-11-2008 05:23 AM

Somedays I am "in the mood" to sit at my machine. Other days, I like to do applique or draft patterns. More often than not, I need to put projects aside for a few days, then return to them to figure them out.

Needlesstosay, I have many projects in various stages--I like to think of it as...inspirational creativity. How's that for a good excuse? :wink:

vicki reno 07-11-2008 05:32 AM

I tend to get bored if I just work on one at a time so I usually have several "in the works" and lots of others that I dream about, have patterns for, etc.

SuzyM 07-11-2008 05:57 AM

Wow I think I am the exception. I only do one project at a time, and I don't buy fabric until I am ready to do a quilt - I know I am not a typical quilter.

sewwjudy 07-11-2008 05:57 AM

I try to finish one at a time but that doesn't always happen. Sometimes I get overly excited and start another before I'm finished.

humbird 07-11-2008 06:27 AM

I find that it is SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun to start a new project.....so, I start lots! :lol:

Oh yes, I really do finish most of them.....eventually.

Phyllis

grammy Dwynn 07-11-2008 06:45 AM

Well ..... if we start counting UFO's (Un-Finished Objects) and PIGS (Projects In Grocery Sacks) .... that I AM going to get to. Then there are the ones that need just a little more attention. Okay if I did the count right, oh I am working on about 10 - 12 quilts. :oops: I won't count the ones that I have the fabric 'earmarked' for a certian project. :? AND I won't count the one that are in my head that are on the TO-DO list. :wink:

sewnsewer2 07-11-2008 08:34 AM

Here lately I have been having 1 top but a second one that need quilting.

bj 07-11-2008 09:08 AM

I try to finish one project before I start another one. Am always planning and getting fabric, but once I cut it out, I try to finish before I move on to the next project...probably because mine are all projects with deadlines..the baby will be born, the birthday's coming up, or Christmas. I also know myself well enough to know that if I let too much accumulate I get too overwhelmed and don't do anything. I'm doing a BOM club here that is making me a little crazy. The minute I get home with the stuff for the new block, I make it and get it out of the way, but then I fret all month because that's all I can do until the next meeting.

mpeters1200 07-11-2008 11:37 AM

I used to be an exception too. With so many kids at home and they keep me so busy I can only work on one project at a time. I don't buy but just enough to make the project plus a tad more for when I miscut (notice, that is not an if I mess up, but a when I mess up). I have no stash, though I did get a nice piece in the mail for my birthday.

I am, for the very first time, working on 2 projects at once. I have a top I'm making for my Army-stepson that just wen to Iraq. I'm also doing my first Mystery quilt. Since the pieces only come out once every 2 weeks, I have time to get them done and then too much time on my hands.