Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does Anybody Else Have a Janome QC6260? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anybody-else-have-janome-qc6260-t16092.html)

Mousie 02-02-2009 04:43 AM

I have had my machine about two years and I refer to my instruction book often. It is a great machine, best I've ever had, but maybe it's me...seems I have had to play with the width and length of stitches from beginning to figure out how to do stuff. Shouldn't that kind of info be right there in the book?
I wish there was a page that told you the best numbers for each pattern selection. Yes, it has occured to me that when I press that number maybe it's set automatically, but it doesn't seem to always be the best setting.
Maybe i need to go in there later and just take some scraps and play for a day. I have the usual stuff down, but think I could get more out of this machine. I wasn't able to do any sewing for over a year, so that's why I am so slow. Any help would be appreciated. Thought asking here before emailing company would be easier to understand for me. Thanks. C

sandpat 02-02-2009 05:48 AM

I don't have your machine, but when I bought my Bernina..they offered some good advice. They said to take a fairly good size piece of fabric and just play... Try each stitch and differect settings. Then LABEL the sample. Then, whenever you want to do something different in the future all you have to do is take a peek at the sample piece and pick out what you want to do.

Mousie 02-02-2009 07:47 AM

that's a good idea. I have some post its and made some notes in my book, but i think keeping the actual samples of different combinations will actually give me the visual. some of these things I don't do very close together and forget what different width/lenght combos would give me. thanks.

sharon b 02-02-2009 07:49 AM

Hey that is a GREAT tip for eveyone ! I have a machine I am having a hard time figuring out also, I will have to try this. THANKS ! :lol:
Sharon

sandpat 02-03-2009 05:25 AM

It is pretty neat looking when done...of course...I haven't followed the advice (yet)...but they have a big 3 ring binder with samples of ALL the stitches for each type of machine. It is very helpful. A lady that was in one of my classes did it first thing when she bought her new machine. She then put borders on it and uses it as a wall hanging in her sewing room. She said she uses it all the time to pick out her stitch patterns.

Mousie 02-03-2009 05:34 AM

sandpat wrote:
It is pretty neat looking when done...of course...I haven't followed the advice (yet)...but they have a big 3 ring binder with samples of ALL the stitches for each type of machine. It is very helpful. A lady that was in one of my classes did it first thing when she bought her new machine. She then put borders on it and uses it as a wall hanging in her sewing room. She said she uses it all the time to pick out her stitch patterns.

I love that idea! I have one place left on the wall to put it! :lol: