Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone else have a hard time sleeping because of quilting projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-else-have-hard-time-sleeping-because-quilting-projects-t2484.html)

Bri 09-27-2007 12:02 PM

HaHa this makes me laugh. When I start a project I CAN'T STOP...I will stay up until 2am or later trying to get as much done as possible, I guess I just get so excited to see the finished product, the gratitude on the face of whoever I give it to...and to start the next project. :lol:

SaraSewing 09-27-2007 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Luckily, I can sleep pretty easily, but those deep thoughts when I'm drifting off usually answer some complex question. Yes, I too plot quilt blocks in my mind when it's supposed to be sleeping time.

BUT. . . This is why I haven't been quilting much this month. I got a huge load of tomatoes from my 85 year old mother's garden, my aunts garden, and another friend. So I've made canned tomatoes, loads of spagetti sauce, pickle relish, and lots of other delights, including fresh salsa. Just think of my tomato dish simmering away in the kitchen on those winter days while I"m finally able to spend uninterupted time sewing, quilting and pawing through patterns and fabrics. Sara

Spagetti sauce, whole tomatoes, pickle relish. A sample of my 2007 canning.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3976[/ATTACH]

Moonpi 09-27-2007 02:54 PM

Those are going to be great this winter, Sarah.

live2teach 09-27-2007 07:04 PM

Sara,I'm coming to your house this winter for some salsa. LOL.

Diamonds 09-27-2007 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bri
HaHa this makes me laugh. When I start a project I CAN'T STOP...I will stay up until 2am or later trying to get as much done as possible, I guess I just get so excited to see the finished product, the gratitude on the face of whoever I give it to...and to start the next project. :lol:

:lol: That is exacttly what I do... I keep think just a little bit more..

live2teach 09-27-2007 07:24 PM

I used to stay up until the weee hours, I still could if I had my own sewing room, I will soon enough. But, when I stay up, i tend to do it over and over everyday and start to oversleep after a while. LOL.

Celeste 09-27-2007 09:49 PM

Minds are a funny theng, aren't they? I also all of a sudden remember a UFO, start wondering where it is and sometimes have to get up and find it because my brain knows I'm gonna forget in the morning!

live2teach 09-28-2007 06:22 AM

Celeste, unfortuneatly I know exactly what you mean. LOL.

triciasquilts 09-28-2007 06:54 AM

I had to have my doc give me a prescription for sleep meds to finally get some sleep!!!!! My mind is always going 100 miles a minute.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-28-2007 01:39 PM

Sara,
Those veggies look mighty yummy.
I usually can an average of 4 bushel of tomatoes...by the time I add a bunch of peppers and onions and garlic and stuff...I end up with a cellar full. I didn't get to can any tomatoes this year. This is our first year without a garden. I canned 3 or 4 pints of pickles that all came unsealed. I made 4 quarts of hot sauce/salsa YUMMY! Down to 2 jars already.