Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have a Link for Watercolour Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-link-watercolour-quilts-t7650.html)

Izy 05-31-2008 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now your talking....I have had a quick search on the net and found this free pattern...seems a more simple way of piecing all the pieces together. I have put it into pdf format for easy downloading :D

Butterflyspain 06-01-2008 07:28 AM

Yep and with my eyes, probably need fat quarters :shock: (thats my eyes after sewing it) . Well I can only try and when you bring me that big piece you promised :lol: I am going to stick it on the wall and go from there placing squares on it till I get some sort of a design. Thought I would try a heart or something simple, I love that one that has been done in the Round Robin its super.

Elle

Butterflyspain 06-01-2008 10:33 AM

Not to worry, I love anything artistic, its all a learning curve for me.
Thanks. By the way Loretta, have you ever had a look at Nancy A Pearson Quilting and applique. Its fab book, but tried it and it is really difficult though.

Been to the beach today and traced out my next kiddies quilt, this one is for our 4 year old (going on 18). Also want to try watercolour quilting, I have 2 UFOīs at the moment, seems to be a hazzard of quilting.

Elle

Cathy M 06-01-2008 11:06 AM

Elle- don't worry about having so many projects to do at once... it somehow guarantees you will live a very long life to get them all done. I'm pretty sure I'm going to live to be 758 years old at this rate.

Butterflyspain 06-01-2008 11:45 AM

Cathy M, already decided I am not going....simple as that.

I got into this quilting just last September and I am really addicted, canīt believe it and I just canīt get enough. There are so many things you can do so many styles. LOVE IT :D :D

Elle

Butterflyspain 06-01-2008 11:58 AM

I am on my 2nd book of patterns that I have taken out of magazines or copied. What are we like :lol: Suppose it keeps us out of mischief :twisted:

In actual fact, I believe the more you keep your mind occupied the better your brain functions. Emmm what was I saying, whatīs my name :-o
Weell thats the way its supposed to work :D :lol:

tlrnhi 06-01-2008 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Now your talking....I have had a quick search on the net and found this free pattern...seems a more simple way of piecing all the pieces together. I have put it into pdf format for easy downloading :D

This is where the Quilt Fuse stuff comes in handy.
You just arrange the squares where you want them, press, then turn it over and sew!

Izy 06-01-2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Originally Posted by Izy

This is where the Quilt Fuse stuff comes in handy.
You just arrange the squares where you want them, press, then turn it over and sew!

Morning Terri, you are up bright an early!!

The quilt fuse that you use had a grid pattern on it....do you butt the edges of the squares upto the line?...if so how can you use this as a sewing guide as that would surely be the edge so do you stitch 1/4" in from that line?????? :?

tlrnhi 06-01-2008 01:54 PM

according to the directions, you turn it over and sew the 1/4 inch.

I'm always up early. Have to get up with Courtney at 5:30am YUCK!

tlrnhi 06-01-2008 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I scanned the directions.
You'll have to download it and enlarge it to read