Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have a Viking Diamond? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-viking-diamond-t142417.html)

sylvia77 08-03-2011 03:12 PM

I was wondering if anyone has the Designer diamond sewing machine/embroidery. If so, what do you like about it and what you don't like.

mtspools 08-03-2011 03:23 PM

I know I would like to have one. Have 2 vickings now. love them both.

scrappy happy 08-03-2011 03:25 PM

Are u having trouble with it? I have a pfaff creative vision and have had lots of trouble. So far they have sent me 3 new machines to replace the one that are bad.

mtspools 08-03-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by mtspools
I know I would like to have one. Have 2 vickings now. love them both.

My machines have never been in shop for repair --one is about 4years old and other one is 14

PaperPrincess 08-03-2011 03:28 PM

I've had one for about 2 years. Except for the fact that the thread cutter only works about 75% of the time, I love it. Not fussy at all about thread, nice stitching, huge embroidery area, large harp. You can do a lot of manipulation of embroidery designs right on the machine without additional software.
I have the orignal diamond, not the new-improved version that was just introduced last month with the new thread tension thing-y. I'm a viking gal, before this I had a Designer 1.

hobbykat1955 08-03-2011 04:11 PM

I have the SE and passed up on trading in for the Diamond...My reason was not a machine you can take to class...it's so large you'd need a van...Yes, it has a bigger hoop for embroidery but how much is enough...I can embroidery up to 6x14 and I think I've used that twice..Mostly use my 4x4,5x7 and 6x6 hoops...
I love my SE and wouldn't trade for any newer machine.

wolph33 08-03-2011 04:25 PM

I have had one for 2 yrs-love it.also have an SE about 5 yrs-love it also

CompulsiveQuilter 08-03-2011 06:37 PM

I have the original in the Designer series and I love it! It's never ever been in for service and I love the "sewing adviser" that sets things automatically. I love that you can wind a bobbin from the threaded needle. I guess I've been sewing steady on it for about 8 years. Mine was made in Sweden.

petpainter 08-03-2011 07:11 PM

I have the Diamond and the Designer 1...love them both. The diamond has many capabilities on the screen that you can eliminate the computer for so many things! I like the sewing adviser, too and just the way it sews. I have used the bigger hoops more than I thought I would. The machine is a little loud, but that's the only complaint. I used to take classes at a Pfaff dealer and they were always having trouble with their machines, so I'm happy with my Vikings:)

sentra 08-04-2011 07:50 AM

I had a Topaz 20, traded up to Designer Diamond.
Had it 18mo. and I love it. Just cleaned. The tech
replaced the blades for cutting thread. They do
get dull. The designs are fabulous.