Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone know anything about this sewing machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-know-anything-about-sewing-machine-t3484.html)

Mariah 09-21-2012 11:41 AM

I have a machine which fits the description of yours exaction except mine doesn't say "30" Deluxe. Mine just says; Stradivaro Precision "S" Deluxe--Made in Japan.
I bought mine the Summer of 1962, so it is coming up on the 50 yr. anniversary. It has sewn millions and million of miles. I have made most of our 2 girls clothes, many of my clothes, many sets of drapes and curtains, and about 10 years of quilt blocks, and quilts.
It has given wonderful Service and has never given a minutes' problem. Just now it is having some difficulty with not letting me stitch as fast as I sometimes would like; stitches pile up when I sew too fast.
So, I am hoping to come across a website for Stradivaro to ask that question.
I paid $90.00 for it at that time. The salesperson said it was a relative of the Singer Co.. It wouldn't have made any difference at that time. We were so poor we couldn't have afforded anything more expensive, and bought this for $5.00 a week, with a coupon book.
I have and still do love this machine! I sew on it during the day in an extra bedroom where I can see the bushes and flowers, and at night on my Featherweight.
It has served me well,and have loved every minute sewing onit!
Mine is Blac k, and this a Blue is the only difference I can see.
Martha Tompkins
[email protected]
"mariah.

LindaGross 12-30-2012 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute (Post 706464)
I know exactly what that is, and are you ever lucky! It is a clone of a Singer Model 15, called a Japanese clone Model 15. I have one just like it, but badged under a different name. Different sellers had them badged, or labeled with the seller's name, but it is the same machine. Mine is labeled "White". These were made around World War II in Japan, and the distinctive color gives that away. I just finished a complete meching on mine and, as always, that baby purrs. I gave it new wiring and a longer cord as well. It goes through fabric like a knife through butter. I totally love mine and would never give it up.

BTW, did you know you can get attachments to have it zig zag, do blind hems, make buttonholes, and more? They are normally available on e-bay. Also, this is one of the best machines for machine quilting ever made. One reason is the vertical bobbin. I haven't tried free- motion quilting on it, though.

Cherish that machine! I know I cherish mine.

Cricket

I'm a new member (hi), and have a Stradivaro 30 DeLuxe sewing machine that I bought for $30 back in 1975. After many years of it sitting in the closet, I got it out about 6 weeks ago and though it isn't in perfect condition, it is definitely worthy of some maintenance for me to continue using. What I would like to know is there a website or something where I can learn more about using attachments as mentioned about zig zag, blind hems, etc., etc.? I don't have the accessory kit that came with this machine but recently rec'd. a bag of different attachments that look to be "universal" of the machines of those times. I have other questions that I'd like to ask later if anyone still uses their versions of this machine and have time for a question or two.

Thanks and I look forward to being a member of this crafty group!
LindaGross

HillCountryGal 12-31-2012 04:31 AM

Love the look of those machines! :thumbup:
And I love that people cherish the older machines. In this use and toss society, it sure warms my heart! AND puts a smile on my face.

Judi in Ohio 12-31-2012 05:52 AM

She's a beauty. Just get lots of oil in her and clean her up and I'll bet she sews like a dream. Nothing complicated.

nygal 12-31-2012 05:54 AM

I love the color.

LindaGross 12-31-2012 01:22 PM

I've been trying to get the feed dogs to lower. Evidently that function got "unenabled" prior to my getting it. I don't guess that'll affect any projects I may embark since I didn't really know what the embroidery marking really meant. I recently had noticed that the feed dogs did not lower when I turned the knob to that setting. My main concern was that I would need to lower that for using attachments. Still haven't found that out but have some internet researching to do to see what I can figure out. I've "never" used attachments or even sewn on a machine that even had a zig zag feature so I guess one could call me a newbie in 80+ year technology...does that ever make me feel old! Anyway I did clean under the stitch plate and couldn't believe that some of the screws that haven't been moved in so many years turned with such ease. Other than having to wind a bobbin by hand and having to deal with runaway stitching when I engage the foot pedal sometimes, well, and the plate not having seam width markings (will find one that does) and the aforementioned stuck feet, this baby is solid. Even if/when I go "modern" w/a new m/c I'll keep this one for the heavy duty stuff.
Thanks for the input,
LindaGross