Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   does anyone own this machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-own-machine-t132813.html)

Crafty Lady in WA 06-24-2011 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kenmore Computerized Sewing Machine With 110 Stitch Functions

if so what's your thoughts on it? is is sturdy or cheap plastic? Its alot like my brother csi6000 which I WILL NOT BUY AGAIN. Two machines . both lasted 3 yrs then started messing up. I'm using my older Kenmore, but would like to save for a newer one.

jljack 06-24-2011 09:05 AM

If you read on the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop thread, there are many, many vintage machines that do most of what the newer machines do and are much more reliable. They are made of all metal, no plastic, which is what goes wrong in the newer machines.

A Singer 500 series has all the decorative stitches, etc. that you are getting on these machines you are showing. And they run forever!!

Amythyst02 06-24-2011 09:11 AM

I happen to love Kenmore machines, I have model 19233 which is made by Janome as all Kenmore's are. However, rumor has it, that Sears/Kenmore will not be selling sewing machines anymore. Not sure why but it seems they are going to selling Brother, Singer etc, but not their own brand anymore.

Crafty Lady in WA 06-24-2011 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh? The machine I'm using now is a 30 yr old Kenmore. Its all metal. I love it, but ya know, maybe I'll just forget a new one and use this one. Here's my baby

Boopers 06-24-2011 09:19 AM

How often do you clean your machine? I delint mine at every bobbin change. It really makes a difference on how your machine works. I have a 'cheap' Brother, a Singer emb. machine, a Bernina and several vintage Singers. They all mess up when they are linty and need cleaning.

Crafty Lady in WA 06-24-2011 09:22 AM

I refuse to buy another Brother. After buying 2 of the same one and at 3 yrs they freak out.... No thank you. NO WAY! The repair guy at Viking sew shop here in town told me my brother was a piece of crap cuz its all plastic, and break down easy, He did say Kenmore was one of the best. I didn't know Janome made Kenmore. I always thought Sears. thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Amythyst02
I happen to love Kenmore machines, I have model 19233 which is made by Janome as all Kenmore's are. However, rumor has it, that Sears/Kenmore will not be selling sewing machines anymore. Not sure why but it seems they are going to selling Brother, Singer etc, but not their own brand anymore.

TonnieLoree 06-24-2011 09:22 AM

I'm kinda partial to Kenmores myself. My friend was a gift to me on my 18th birthday. I don't know about the new ones though.

Crafty Lady in WA 06-24-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Boopers
How often do you clean your machine? I delint mine at every bobbin change. It really makes a difference on how your machine works. I have a 'cheap' Brother, a Singer emb. machine, a Bernina and several vintage Singers. They all mess up when they are linty and need cleaning.

I keep a can of air near by and use it often to keep it lint free

Quilter7x 06-24-2011 09:23 AM

That looks very similar to my Janome Jem Platinum. If that's what it compares to, it's a great machine. It is lightweight, so it's perfect for taking to classes. I do just about everything on that machine. The only thing it doesn't like is really heavy thick seams. Otherwise it does everything else. If it sells for $500 or less, it's a great machine in my opinion.

Quilter7x 06-24-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Lady in WA

Originally Posted by Boopers

I keep a can of air near by and use it often to keep it lint free

It is not recommended to use canned air on computerized machines.