Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does Hancocks take Joanns coupons? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-hancocks-take-joanns-coupons-t29457.html)

LucyInTheSky 11-28-2009 01:55 PM

I know Joanns and Michaels will usually take each other's coupons. I just found out we have a Hancocks in town (walking distance from my new house!) and they have cheaper rotary blades than Joanns. So I'm wondering if they would accept Joann's standard 40% off coupon, or any of the other ones?

Mamaskeeto 11-28-2009 02:00 PM

I don't know if they take other stores coupons but make sure to get on their mailing list. They send out a montly sales ad and there is always a 40% of coupon in it. Also if you belong to a quilt guild ask if they give a discount. My Hancocks give 10% if you have yourn guild name badge with you.

amma 11-28-2009 02:06 PM

I did not know that Michaels and JoAnn's accepted each other's coupons....Hmmm I don't have a JoAnn's in town, but I do have a Michaels.... :wink: :D :D

Roben 11-28-2009 02:20 PM

We have used the Joann's coupons at the 2 Hancock Fabrics in Omaha! I didn't know they did, and we were hunting all over to find enough PFD cotton for my fabric dying class - the girl at Hancock's saw the Joann's flyer in my hand and told me they accepted them - which was great, since I was buying 14 yards of fabric :D :D

LucyInTheSky 11-28-2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I did not know that Michaels and JoAnn's accepted each other's coupons....Hmmm I don't have a JoAnn's in town, but I do have a Michaels.... :wink: :D :D

Michaels will take most of the Joanns ones. When M is doing the M - 1 coupon, T - another coupon, they won't take J's if it covers the whole week.

And Joanns will take M's on things M has as well. So if I'm buying a cross stitch, Joann's will apply the coupon. If it's a fabric, since M doesn't have fabric, they're like "nope, try again"

Tiffany 11-28-2009 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
I don't know if they take other stores coupons but make sure to get on their mailing list. They send out a montly sales ad and there is always a 40% of coupon in it. Also if you belong to a quilt guild ask if they give a discount. My Hancocks give 10% if you have yourn guild name badge with you.

I've signed up three separate times at my local Hancocks and still have never gotten their darn coupons. :evil: I finally gave up and just stick with Joanns. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good coupon!

littlehud 11-28-2009 05:52 PM

I'm going to try at my local Hancocks. The worst they can say is no.

nellebelles 11-28-2009 06:09 PM

I get my Hancock's coupons on-line in an email. I can't remember how I signed up to do that, though! :oops: You might try going to www.hancockfabrics.com and see if they have a way to sign up, then you could just print it off before you go shopping!

Tiffany 11-28-2009 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
I get my Hancock's coupons on-line in an email. I can't remember how I signed up to do that, though! :oops: You might try going to www.hancockfabrics.com and see if they have a way to sign up, then you could just print it off before you go shopping!

I couldn't find a way to sign up for their coupons online but I did send an email to customer service so hopefully I'll soon be getting those yummy coupons too! :D

LucyInTheSky 11-28-2009 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

Originally Posted by nellebelles

I couldn't find a way to sign up for their coupons online but I did send an email to customer service so hopefully I'll soon be getting those yummy coupons too! :D

Email signup on the left side http://signup.hancockfabrics.com/