Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your hubby also sew or quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-hubby-also-sew-quilt-t45574.html)

shamrock 05-15-2010 11:17 AM

My hubby encourages my quilting, no matter what. He does know how to use a machine, being one of nine children, he was taught at home. He made sheets for his waterbed years ago, and does his own jean hemming. I just adjust the machine for him, and he does all the rest.

Keeps Them In Stitches 05-15-2010 04:58 PM

Oh yes my hubby sews up a storm. He and I both have the Janome 6600P. He bought one for me and it wasn't one or two months later before he said he really wanted one for himself. He is the one that introduced me to this web quilting board. I love the board!

AlisaQuilts 05-15-2010 05:53 PM

mine doesn't quitl or sew, but he can sew a button! He does support my sewing and takes me to all the shops!

Originally Posted by craftybear
Does your hubby also sew or quilt? If so does he have his own sewing machines?

sewmom 05-16-2010 05:13 PM

mine does not quilt or sew and i'm pretty sure that i wouldn't want him to! it would be just my luck that his quilting and piecing would be way better than mine and i would have to quit quilting! He is an electrical engineer and engineers are very picky and most are perfectionists. I don't even want to think about that possibility! LOL

Dianne10 05-17-2010 05:31 AM

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY BEING A PERFECTIONIST. MY
HUSBAND HAS A DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING BUT
HE HASN'T STARTED HIS QUILT YET. MAYBE AFTER HIS HEART
SURGERY AT THE END OF THE MONTH HE WILL.

mrsalshhadeh 05-17-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Does your hubby also sew or quilt? If so does he have his own sewing machines?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO,,, my husband "asked " to help me cut out the hex's for my newest quilt,, but,, I can only imagine what they would turn out to be,, needless to say, I prefer NOT to have him help,,,,lol... :lol:

skjquiltnut 05-17-2010 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by gailmitchell
My huby doesn't sew or quilt but he's a good egg about all my sewing and quilty whims. He is really good with a seam ripper and he's really good at making gadgets that make my sewing easier. He made me a ruler holder, and a cone thread holder and a few other things.

Sounds like ya got a keeper there. Any chance we could see photos of the things DH has lovingly made for your craft?

in2stitchin 05-17-2010 07:07 PM

OK, My hubby "supports" my habit in the grandest of fashions. He fabric shops with me and when we are together, more $$$ get spent than if I am alone. He bought me EQ4, then 5, then 6. Since he is a 'Puter genius, he has helped me every inch of the way with the design element. That being said, he has designed quilt blocks that NO sober quilter would attempt.

We compliment each other, when it comes to working with fabric colors. Where as I like things to coordinate/match ... his eye finds that contrast that make the designs "POP"! I tell him that he is my color consultant. He also does the "deep cleaning" on all of my machines, changes all the blades on my rotary cutters, and I wouldn't trade him for a bushel basket of any other hubbies out there *s*

Lynnc 06-05-2010 11:29 AM

My hubby sometimes sews something for his boat, like the seat cushions or curtains. He did try to make some shorts once. After doing a great job on putting in a zipper he ended up sewing the fly closed. Not just one seam but to reinforce it he sewed it many times. He was so mad at himself he hasn't tried it again. He uses one of my old sewing machines.

Pam B 06-05-2010 01:19 PM

No. And that is just fine with me!