Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Don't let GK's see what's new in your stash!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dont-let-gks-see-whats-new-your-stash-t142193.html)

seweasy 08-02-2011 06:27 PM

My DH played a trick on me. He works in the garden center in Walmart, a "keep him active" job! Anyway, he found out the store had marked down(50%off) all the precut fabrics because they are putting the fabric dept back in and had clear out the precuts.
When he came home, he told me he had a surprise for me and told me to close my eyes. He had bought a stack of fabric, each one was some shade or print in Purple :) :) :) And purple isn't one of my favorite colors!!! There was ten different two yard bundles and 1 fat quarter bundle. He didn't realize that two of the two-yd bundles were children's fabrics, Disney and Nickelodeon "Dora" fabric
When my GD's (ages 4yr and 6yr) came to house last week, one spotted the purple Disney with Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty; the other GD spotted the purple Dora fabric. And each asked for a quilt! But the funniest thing was, when they both spotted the purple sequin fabric and asked at the same time "Nonnie, put that on my quilt"! Pleaseee!
How could any grandmother turn down that request? Chris

Jim's Gem 08-02-2011 06:29 PM

Well..... I guess you will be making a quilt with purple sequined fabric!!! LOL!!!

wolfkitty 08-02-2011 06:30 PM

Well, Grandpa is a hit this year (maybe not with Grandma right now)! And Grandma as well, for making the quilts!

P.S. maybe you can work a little of the purple sequins into each quilt!

seweasy 08-02-2011 06:34 PM

Gayle, I will be seeing purple for a while! And I never would have thought of ever sewing anything purple! Chris

hobo2000 08-02-2011 06:46 PM

What a sweet thing for your hubby to do for you. You gotta love a man when he steps outside his safe zone to do something for his lady. I would make him a quilt out of part of it cause he obviously liked the colors.

moonwork42029 08-02-2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
What a sweet thing for your hubby to do for you. You gotta love a man when he steps outside his safe zone to do something for his lady. I would make him a quilt out of part of it cause he obviously liked the colors.

sounds reasonable to me:)

Farm Quilter 08-02-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

sounds reasonable to me:)

I agree! You have a winner of a DH and DGDs who know what is important...a portable hug from grandma in the perfect color, PURPLE!!!

seweasy 08-02-2011 07:18 PM

Jane and Hobo, He's a keeper! Tonight was our 37th wedding anniversay. Had dinner out and got a beautiful pair of diamond earrings, too!
That's a very good suggestion. One bundle was a multi-colored batik and the matching fabric was a magenta tie-dye. Was just watching a Suzanne McNeil video on the Ten Minute blocks. She did one with a positive/negative fabrics that would be perfect use for this fabric. Now I have a good reason to go and order her book!!!
I don't know what other quilters do but I love this board! Never know how one thing leads to another! Chris

blueangel 08-02-2011 07:27 PM

Well I guess grandpa is a keeper.

alikat110 08-02-2011 08:54 PM

Make sure to add the dora and disney prints, too.