Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dontcha just hate it when.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dontcha-just-hate-when-t91130.html)

grann of 6 01-16-2011 02:12 PM

you're sailing along on a WIP, make a few changes to the pattern, like make it rectangular instead of square, and suddenly you discover you may not have enough fabric. Then you sew some more to find you are running out of thread. I am making a QAYG quilt called sea shell for my DDIL (yes the same DDIL as the silk quilt). The sea shells are embroidered and have a stipple stitch around each applique, about 10,000 stitches each. I had gotten some polyester embroidery thread back before Christmas from some close-out place on the internet. Well, I am running out of the blue. So till I can find some close to that color I am done for a while. Dr's appt tomorrow in opposite direction of LQS where I can most likely find the fabric. So tonight is bubble bath and a good book. I guess it's time to start another quilt....

erstan947 01-16-2011 02:14 PM

Some days are just like that. I know the feeling:)

littlehud 01-16-2011 02:20 PM

How frustrating. I hope you get the fabric soon.

Flying_V_Goddess 01-16-2011 02:30 PM

I hate it when I find stuff I needed a while ago.

I realized I had bought the incorrect yardage of fabric for the backing. For some reason I had told her "2 yards" which was the amount of fabric I needed for the borders and I guess went with that number for the backing fabric, too. Realized I needed 4 yards of fabric. Wouldn't have been a problem except there were only two yards left on the bolt and we only have one place in town to buy fabric so I couldn't go back for more. I freaked, not knowing what I was going to do, before deciding I would just have to figure out what to do about the backing when I crossed that bridge. Just as I was finishing the borders I remembered I had black backing fabric I had intended for another quilt and just used that.

A few days ago couldn't find the embroidery needles I bought for the Perle floss to make the ties. After trying to get the floss through a regular needle and taking a break, I found the embroidery needles.

Last night I found the seam ripper I bought in the pocket of my computer bag......except I needed it like three weeks ago and ended up ripping the stitches out using scissors and a pin. Wasn't able to buy another one after "loosing" the seam ripper because I took the last one at Wal-Mart and they hadn't restocked on them since.

MisDixie 01-16-2011 02:37 PM

Just hate it when that happens! I have lived way up here for a long time and try to keep lots of things on hand. We do have a LQS but prices there reflect the distance away from suppliers. On the upside I don't have any quibbles about spending when I get to a good sale down south and I know I just can't pop out to get something if I run short.