Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Downloaded patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/downloaded-patterns-t160354.html)

catray 10-14-2011 09:18 AM

I download quilt patterns and I will probably never get to them all. But I would like to take to local office supply to have ring bound. What I don't know is how to sort and put into like patterns and or like whatever. Any ideas please!

Judith1005 10-14-2011 09:21 AM

maybe start with catagories, like, tabletoppers, mug rugs, baby, holiday, kids, traditional, contemporary, art, urban. the catagories really are up to you.

Rose L 10-14-2011 09:22 AM

I would arrange bed quilts by size; crib, twin, full/queen, king etc., seasonal patterns, crafty patterns, table toppers, table runners, bed runners, kitchen items, quilted clothing etc.

catray 10-14-2011 09:28 AM

Thanks for the reply but how do I mark them so that each pattern can be reached. As you know some patterns are one page, two pages and up to eight pages. That seems to be my main concern. Should I put all one page patterns together and so on. Star, contempory, outrageous and so on patterns and such I can understand but some are one page only. Any thoughts?

Zhillslady 10-14-2011 09:35 AM

instead of having ring bound get the plastic sheet dividers. I use those and that way all the pages go in one sheet protector. If the pattern is just one page I put 2 in there each facing outward so I see the other when I turn the page. After that I make a table in MSWord and the first column is a small pic of the pattern and the second column tells me material list and 3rd is what page in binder. This worked for me for years - now I keep all on a flash drive. One folder is just a picture of each I can scroll thru without waiting on files to open and the other is the actual pattern. Saves so much paper.

QuiltnNan 10-14-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
instead of having ring bound get the plastic sheet dividers.

great suggestion!

starshine 10-14-2011 09:38 AM

Alphabetically by title. Section for quilts and another for blocks.

Dixie1954 10-14-2011 09:41 AM

those that I downloaded and printed I put in the clear plastic sheet protectors. They already have the the holes for a 3 ring notebook. I then put them in alpabetical order.

dltaylor 10-14-2011 10:49 AM

I have mine in categories: quilts, table toppers etc. then broken down within the categories ex: lapquilts, baby quilts, full size quilts,etc... I never thought of having them binded, I have oodles of them!! I purchased a 8G thumb drive and keep mine on the drive, just too much paper for the house right now.

catray 10-14-2011 11:18 AM

Good idea about plastic sheets. Have used those for craft projects for years. As far as going paperless no way. I'm as dumb as a rock when it comes to computers. Won't ask husband (he builds my computers) because he will try to do it his way. Tries to take over projects when I ask for help. I think that is what I will do with the plastic sheets. Have a few new ring binders handy. Thanks for reminding me.