Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Drunkard's Path Story (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/drunkards-path-story-t189921.html)

Phannie1 05-24-2012 05:00 PM

Drunkard's Path Story

I was out of town for a few days and when I came home I had gotten a quilt magazine in the mail. I found it in my husband's bedtime reading stack. I questioned him about it and he said he wanted to read about the "Drunkard's Path." Needless to say he was kind of disapointed it was a quilt pattern, not a story about a drunkard. He has had 8 years sober.

I will have to make him a quilt soon.... It may be a Drunkard's Path. Phannie

NanaCsews2 05-24-2012 05:08 PM

Sounds like a great plan! An idea may be to add a prayer or special block at the end of the paths to congratulate him, thank him, and show strength from a higher power.

virtualbernie 05-24-2012 05:49 PM

What a runny and heartwarming story! Congratulate him for me and may he have 80 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auntpiggylpn 05-24-2012 05:59 PM

Was it the June issue of Quilter's World? My darling surprised me with it after coming home from the grocery store. Said liked the colors and pattern of the quilt on the front which is the Drunkard's Path!!! and now wants one!

ArtsyOne 05-24-2012 07:48 PM

That's so sweet that he wanted to read about Drunkard's Path - shows he was thinking about his sobriety. Congratulations to you both. And you definitely need to make him a Drunkard's Path quilt in celebration.

irishrose 05-24-2012 07:50 PM

The pink and yellow one on the cover? I saw it yesterday and loved it. The first Drunkard's Path I ever saw was made by mt grandmother who probably never had a drink in her life.

Phannie1 05-25-2012 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5241113)
Was it the June issue of Quilter's World? My darling surprised me with it after coming home from the grocery store. Said liked the colors and pattern of the quilt on the front which is the Drunkard's Path!!! and now wants one!

Yes it was. It is a beautiful quilt and I do have one my grandmother-in-law made. I think I will have to "Man" up the colors some.

Thanks for the kind words. He works everyday to stay sober, Like I work everyday to keep weight off. He is a great supporter.

Phannie

mic-pa 05-25-2012 02:51 AM

I just finished a DP in blue and white. Congratulations on your husbnds sobriety. They are a fun quilt to make.

mike'sgirl 05-29-2012 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie (Post 5241083)
What a runny and heartwarming story! Congratulate him for me and may he have 80 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that! Add mine to the list of congratulations! Gina

sahm4605 05-29-2012 08:37 AM

how funny, and sweet. you will deffinatly have to make him one in his fav colors. maybe get him in on making it with you and maybe talk to his sponsor about making or writing something special for the quilt.