Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dual duty plus all purpose thread availability (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dual-duty-plus-all-purpose-thread-availability-t138133.html)

celeste christine 07-16-2011 02:58 PM

Hi Folks, I am new to this forum, and have been looking for dual duty plus all purpose thread (cotton covered polyester) for hand sewing. I can't find it anywhere, tried ordering some, but they invariably send me all polyester, and I can't use it, it just doesn't work for me. Anyone know where it is available?

CajunQuilter2 07-16-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by celeste christine
Hi Folks, I am new to this forum, and have been looking for dual duty plus all purpose thread (cotton covered polyester) for hand sewing. I can't find it anywhere, tried ordering some, but they invariably send me all polyester, and I can't use it, it just doesn't work for me. Anyone know where it is available?

JoAnns and Hancocks carries Coats and Clark and they have a hand sewing one in that line

celeste christine 07-16-2011 03:06 PM

I have been going to JoAnns' in the Bay Area, but they don't carry it. I don't use a machine, and this is the best thread for my quilting. I have ordered Coats and Clark brand dual duty plus, but they send dual duty (all polyester) every time. I'm an old lady and can't take the stress, I need cotton covered polyester, da**it! Thanks for the reply. Do you know where a Jo Anns or Hancock is that carries it?

ChaiQuilter 07-16-2011 03:26 PM

Go the coatsandclark.com. Click "contact us" at the very top of the page. There is information on calling or writing them. There is also a "store locator" at the top of the page. Maybe you can find a store that carries it. Good Luck!

Celeste 07-16-2011 03:32 PM

Just want to welcome you to the board, from another Celeste and bay area dweller. (SF)

wolfkitty 07-16-2011 03:39 PM

Welcome to the board, as well!

BellaBoo 07-16-2011 03:41 PM

Coats and Clark renamed the Dual Duty. I don't remember the new name of it but it's the same thread.

CajunQuilter2 07-16-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by celeste christine
I have been going to JoAnns' in the Bay Area, but they don't carry it. I don't use a machine, and this is the best thread for my quilting. I have ordered Coats and Clark brand dual duty plus, but they send dual duty (all polyester) every time. I'm an old lady and can't take the stress, I need cotton covered polyester, da**it! Thanks for the reply. Do you know where a Jo Anns or Hancock is that carries it?

Yes I know where one is here, if you like I would gladly get what you need and mail it to you. Just let me know

Holice 07-16-2011 03:47 PM

Lets communicate about this. I like the older Coats and Clark and bought all a store had when they were going out of business. What do you need. I just may have it. Also my local wholesaler still had some last time I was there.
I just bought all that was left in the rack and not sure what is there.

celeste christine 07-16-2011 03:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I've contacted Coats and Clark, and we shall see. Will let you know, CC.