Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DUMB QUESTION regarding 3D Embroidery Software and BabyLock (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dumb-question-regarding-3d-embroidery-software-babylock-t208180.html)

Mrs. Dink 12-11-2012 07:37 AM

DUMB QUESTION regarding 3D Embroidery Software and BabyLock

I hesitate to post this question...but I just don't know who to ask besides a couple of dealers who are eager to sell me the latest software...of course for a hefty price tag.

My question:
Can I use my Viking 3D Embroidery Studio Software with BabyLock Embroidery Machines that have a USB A or B connection?

Mrs. Dink

Weezy Rider 12-11-2012 08:39 AM

No. Not directly. If you can save your designs as PES elsewhere, then put them on the memory stick, they should sew. I'm not sure what the older Studio would write to a USB. It was designed to write to cards. It should be the same regardless of what you write to --- (All companies put out special cards that were writable. They were expensive.)

I'd save any designs to a separate folder, then transfer to the USB. PES has also updated, so you machine would have to sew older PES files. If you can't sew PES, try HUS which is Viking. Viking and Pfaff switched to VIP3 so HUS has been left alone. You can also try EXP which any machine can sew, but print out a color chart as EXP only records color stops. I can put PES files in the Pfaff. It converts them in the machine.

I went in the other direction. I use Babylock software on Pfaff. I also write to a card since my machines are not USB.
I'm still using stuff I did in the old Studio. I had a Viking then. We also had an Ellure.

nabobw 12-12-2012 05:30 AM

Very good answer

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider (Post 5713128)
No. Not directly. If you can save your designs as PES elsewhere, then put them on the memory stick, they should sew. I'm not sure what the older Studio would write to a USB. It was designed to write to cards. It should be the same regardless of what you write to --- (All companies put out special cards that were writable. They were expensive.)

I'd save any designs to a separate folder, then transfer to the USB. PES has also updated, so you machine would have to sew older PES files. If you can't sew PES, try HUS which is Viking. Viking and Pfaff switched to VIP3 so HUS has been left alone. You can also try EXP which any machine can sew, but print out a color chart as EXP only records color stops. I can put PES files in the Pfaff. It converts them in the machine.

I went in the other direction. I use Babylock software on Pfaff. I also write to a card since my machines are not USB.
I'm still using stuff I did in the old Studio. I had a Viking then. We also had an Ellure.

peacebypiece 12-12-2012 08:29 PM

I worked at a Viking store a few years ago when they first came out with the USB connection on machines. had a
viking at home that used floppy discs to transfer designs. In order to use my designs from home on the new Diamond machine I used an external Floppy disc reader. Plugged the reader into the machine USB, and it transferred the info on the floppy to the machine. Where there's a will there's a way. That way we were able to use two machines at once for embroidery demonstrations.