Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Easily distracted (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/easily-distracted-t16449.html)

ksusan 02-11-2009 07:35 PM

Well, I went to the sewing room to cut out the pieces for the Cabin Fever March BOM, and never even got near the pattern directions which had been printed earlier in the day.

I just finished up going through my stash of novelty fabrics and have accomplished quite a bit. All of the pieces for the autism puzzle quilt have been cut and pinned in sections. I cut 4 1/2 inch and 6 1/2 inch squares for two different types of I Spy Quilts. Then I went in to a roll of 18 fat quarters from Jeri's Quilt Patch and cut strips and partially sewed
blocks for a quilt I saw in the posting today.

What do you use to keep track of your projects? I used jelly roll pans and even a cardboard tray to place pieces of leftovers cut in strips or squares for the stash boxes.

This time, I put the direction sheets in with the cut pieces.

Well, I considered the I Spy Quilts parital UFO's as I had been collecting
fabric for a handful of years. I also added two new projects. Boy,
it's a good thing that everything is from my stash.......(which doesn't even show any dents :D :D :D )

Tomorrow, I will have to do some housework and get my clothes ready for return to work. All of this will be a shock to my system!!

Piecefully yours,
Kay Susan

lyndawn 02-11-2009 07:53 PM

Sounds like lots of fun:) Can't wait to see them when you get further along:)

I put all my cut pieces and partially pieced pieces in shoe boxes with labels. For smaller quilts I use my kids shoe boxes. Works great for me because they stack well.

Lynette

Barb V 02-11-2009 07:57 PM

I put my partially cut pieces and blocks in a new Pizza Box.

sharon b 02-11-2009 08:09 PM

How do you get the pizza boxes?
Sharon

Barb V 02-11-2009 08:39 PM

I just go to my Local Pizza Dealer and tell him what I will be using it for, and they gave me 3.

cutebuns 02-11-2009 09:51 PM

I have these really nice clear plastic boxes that my embroidery thread came in, One I emptied by using the thread, as I get more pegs for my board to hang them, I empty more and more, I think I have 7 of them. The stack really well and have handles on them.

k_jupiter 02-11-2009 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by ksusan

What do you use to keep track of your projects? I used jelly roll pans and even a cardboard tray to place pieces of leftovers cut in strips or squares for the stash boxes.

This time, I put the direction sheets in with the cut pieces.

Piecefully yours,
Kay Susan

Cardboard boxes that look like filing boxes but aren't. They were designed for shipping wine and are good and strong. I will wash and press the fabric first, keep a copy of the pattern I am using in the box along with thread I might have bought for the quilt, and as the mood hits me, I will work through the project, first cutting and doing some piecing, and as the quilt progresses, scraps are stored in the box too. As pieces are cut, I usually store them in gallon or quart size zip lock bags that are kept in the same box. When the top is done, I store the back I have chosen for it in the same box with the completed top and wait for me to get the energy to pin and quilt the whole thing.

Unassigned fabrics (stash) is kept in those plastic crates with the hinged tops that stack so nice that I get down at Costco.

tim in san jose

Knot Sew 02-12-2009 05:16 AM

All pices for each are put in the extra...extra large...zip plastic bags. I can line them up pile them up...can see them....I throw them all into a big basket. Smaller of course for wall hangings :D The extra fabric goes in also :D

sandpat 02-12-2009 05:48 AM

I do it like Ruth...the zip lock bags work great..they lay in a basket right beside my ironing board to remind me of how excited I am to start all those projects.. does that make them PIGS or does the zippie change them to PIZLB??

sewjoyce 02-12-2009 07:15 AM

How do I store my WIPs? Large plastic zipper bags; small boxes; and I just found some wonderful clear smaller totes at Wally World that will hold all the fabric and pattern for a quilt. I want to get more of these.... :-) :-)