Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Electric Quilt 7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/electric-quilt-7-a-t61981.html)

ladydi64 08-29-2010 06:53 AM

I have just purchased this program and can't wait to get it, I went on line to their web site and watched the video and said this is what I need. I can't wait to get it because I am planning on putting all my stash into the program and then design my quits on line with my own stash this will save me a lot of time because I can see if what I have on hand will work and if I like what it looks like. I should be receiving the program in about a week.

neece 08-29-2010 07:06 AM

I am so jealous!! Can you put it on any computer ? I am learning to use the computer on the Quilting Board. Any and all help is cheerfully accepted. 8-) :mrgreen:

dream56 08-29-2010 07:11 AM

Have fun - this is what I do. It's nice to see what color looks best where - before you even cut.

cattailsquilts 08-29-2010 07:16 AM

Now that my stash is neat & organized, I should scan mine into EQ. You'll love it, I'm sure. I bought EQ6 on the recommendation of the lady I bought my mid-arm from, and upgraded to 7 in June. I don't regret it one bit!

JJs 08-29-2010 07:21 AM

Electric Quilt should thank all the designers out there for a huge boost in sales buwahahahahaaaaaaa

The possibilities are endless with the program.....

ladydi64 08-29-2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by neece
I am so jealous!! Can you put it on any computer ? I am learning to use the computer on the Quilting Board. Any and all help is cheerfully accepted. 8-) :mrgreen:

Yes you can as long as you meet the requirements for the program, which I do. This will save me a lot of time and energy because it does all the math for you to, which I have a problem with.

Boscobd 08-29-2010 08:02 PM

You'll love it. Look out tho - I have found that between playing in EQ7 and on thi quilting forum, I have a hard time finding time to actually quilt!

Candela59 08-29-2010 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by JJs
Electric Quilt should thank all the designers out there for a huge boost in sales buwahahahahaaaaaaa

The possibilities are endless with the program.....

LMAO!!!! I was actually looking at the program too today! I think all this hoopla with the magazines and the "rights" to Maple Leaves and such is going to come back and bite them in the arse!

BellaBoo 08-29-2010 08:27 PM

It's faster to find a picture of your fabric online and import the picture and not scan all the fabric. The ones you can't find a picture of then you scan it. I found about all of my fabric, even the older ones, online for sale somewhere. Just right click and save image to a new folder on your desk top then import to EQ from there.

DebJ 08-29-2010 09:25 PM

Great idea, I will have to give that a try & see if I am computer literate enough to do it successfully.