Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embird embroidery Software (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embird-embroidery-software-t40479.html)

roseville rose 03-23-2010 02:57 PM

I have a Bernina Bernette DECO 340 embroidery machine which has an EXP format and I want to be able to download designs from the internet. Does anyone use Embird software? Is it easy to convert designs from other formats with this software? I am new to embroidery so any help would be appreciated.

Maride 03-23-2010 03:01 PM

My machine uses .pes designs. I downloaembird and tried converting some designs, but the program missed two colors, leaving the areas empty. I uninstalled and now I only get .pes designs. Still I say that since the program is free (at least it was when I tried it), give it a shot. Maybe it works better for you.

Ginaky 03-23-2010 03:18 PM

Embird is not free, it is a purchased program. It has several components and is a great program. You can edit, change formats, etc. It even has a digitizing module you can add--I have it, but I'm NOT a digitizer! I stick with purchased designs. You can check it out at www.embird.com

Maride 03-23-2010 03:45 PM

I had the demo version.

LindaR 03-24-2010 05:24 AM

I only do the designs I can get downloaded too. Dizgitizing really interests me but don't know how much I would use it....go to www.sewform.com. They have lots of infor on this subject

weezie 03-24-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by roseville rose
I have a Bernina Bernette DECO 340 embroidery machine which has an EXP format and I want to be able to download designs from the internet. Does anyone use Embird software? Is it easy to convert designs from other formats with this software? I am new to embroidery so any help would be appreciated.

If you only want to change design formats, you can do that with free software. The free version of Wilcom TruSizer changes most formats and has a lot of other capabilities. (After I type and send this, I will look to see if they have EXP ... if not, I'll let you know.) There are lots of embroidery software programs available, from inexpensive to very expensive. Embird has a basic program and you add options to it, each one at a price. I am not interested in digitizing, but am interested in other things, such as adjusting design size and stitch count simultaneously, splitting designs, and deleting portions of designs. With that in mind, last year I downloaded 2 different trial software programs (Embird and SewWhat); you get a 30-day trial OR a limited number of applications before they cut off your free trial. SewWhat also has many add-ons to their basic software and they have a very "hands-on" Yahoo group you can join, where your problems/questions are promptly dealt with. I am very impressed with that. When my trial freebies ended, I did not buy anything. I would recommend you take advantage of the free stuff and do a lot of research before you buy.