Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery Machine Shopping Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-machine-shopping-question-t25280.html)

Quilting Aggi 09-10-2009 04:53 AM

So I have my eye on the Janome 350E embroidery only machine.. Do any of you out there have this little darling and what are your thoughts and experience about it??

For the last 3 1/2 years I have saved up $1 and $2 and all coin. I should have enough next month to buy this machine. I really want to get a machine before Chrismas so I can make some nice gifts and perhaps things to sell. This is also an early (two month early) Christmas gift to ME!!!!

Yarn or Fabric 09-10-2009 05:50 AM

I used to own a Janome 350e and I did like it a lot however I do feel that the Brother 700ii is a more economical machine. People really like both machines a lot.

I sold my Janome 350e when I purchased my MB-4 (which I am trying to sell so that I can pay for my long arm machine that is arriving next week - so far Craigslist has not been nice to me. I'm considering putting it up on ebay... maybe) anyhoooo.... the 350e was always reliable. It stitched out beautifully and was a joy to own. I only sold it and bought the MB4 since I wanted a larger hoop area however turns out the MB4 is too big a machine for me - too many bells and whistles.

I think you would be very happy with the 350e or the Brother 700ii equally. You can't go wrong with either one. They are great entry level machines!
You will have so much fun with it!!

dojo36 09-11-2009 07:32 AM

hi i have the janome 350e and i just love it, it's a real workhorse. i've had it for about 4 years and i've made tons of stuff with it, it's addictive.
donna

butterflyquilter 09-14-2009 11:29 AM

I have had this machine since April and I love it! My sister bought one at the same time and she loves hers, too. It had to have some minor adjustments several times but it was covered under warranty. I am glad I purchased this one. I have made lots of things with it already--t-shirt and sweatshirt designs and quilts mostly. Did I mention that I love this machine?!!

sash 09-14-2009 05:33 PM

I've had the 350e almost a year now, and I just love it. Never any problems. Done lots of projects and yes it is addictive. BTW, dojo is my quilting buddy and she's taught me everything I know. Have great dealership too, but usually go to dojo if I have a problem. You will not go wrong with the 350e. Never have regretted buying it. Also, have two other Janome's. Love them all.
s

dojo36 09-14-2009 05:38 PM

I KNOW NOTHING!!!

sash 09-14-2009 05:43 PM

LOL; yeah right!!!!!!!

amma 09-14-2009 05:47 PM

All I have to add is that to make sure that it has large enough embroidery hoops available for larger projects... I started out thinking I would only do smaller items and now most designs I would like to do on borders and such require a pretty good sized hoop. Being able to do larger designs without a lot of rehooping would be a plus as far as I am concerned!!!

dojo36 09-14-2009 06:35 PM

well, amma, it's real easy to do bigger designs by re-hooping, using a cloth setter.